• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 rx warrior value?

gschwepp

Country
USA
Snowmobile
03 Rx warrior
I'm thinking about selling my 03 rx warrior. I bought it last year from the original owner with 750 miles on it. I put 1000 miles on over winter. About halfway thru the season I messed up the windshield and speedometer pod. The track is original and some outside lugs are coming off. The sled is totally stock and runs great. When I bought it I put in a new battery, air filter and changed the oil. I know it needs a few things but overall is a good reliable sled. I looked up book value on it but I wanted some other opinions.
IMG_20150704_160353679_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150704_162126500.jpg
IMG_20150704_160534151.jpg
Thanks.

Track is $500.+ and sled doesn't have the normal upgrades, riser, seat, copper donuts, maybe clutch work, and needs 2-3 hundred in repair, plus it still has the pro-action skid, skid upgrade is (mono skid) is 4-5 hundred.
My brotherinlaw just bought a 03rx1 with clutch kit, apex seat, riser, like new track, and 23 tooth gear, for $2400. He just bought it july1.
So if that helps I don't know.

Track is $500.+ and sled doesn't have the normal upgrades, riser, seat, copper donuts, maybe clutch work, and needs 2-3 hundred in repair, plus it still has the pro-action skid, skid upgrade is (mono skid) is 4-5 hundred.
My brotherinlaw just bought a 03rx1 with clutch kit, apex seat, riser, like new track, and 23 tooth gear, for $2400. He just bought it july1.

So if that helps I don't know.
Helps some I guess. How many miles were on it?

It's a good clean sled. Yeah some plastic and a track add up but I can't see deducting for upgrading shocks and gaskets and seats etc.. You can't go to the dealer and negotiate like that. I'm not salty or anything but If I can only get 1500 for it I'll keep it and throw a track on it. It's a good ride and I'll keep it for that price. Honestly im looking at something else so this could be my backup and the track would easily last me a season or two.....lol I hope

Well you ask mileage, well it don't much matter how many miles on a 4 stroke (7500), but it's common on a 10-13yr old sled to put a $1000. To make them dependable, most people just change oil and drive till something has to be fixed, well Iam a jerk I would buy a sled not kept up, but only if price was right for replaceing a lot of bushings and bearings.
I really don't mean to be rude, but Jack up your frt end and move your skis and watch the wobble in spindle and a-arm bushings, How about Jack shaft bearings & drive shaft bearings.
It's like everyone sells that truck with 120k on it but never did ANYTHING but oil changes, GUESS WHO WI
LL PAY FOR THAT.
I wish you the best.
Most important QUESTION IS IF YOU PULLED IN DRIVEWAY to look at it would you be impressed????????
Sorry but you ask QUESTION of value, this is just my answer, some may give you a bunch and go thru the learning process

I Don't think you are rude...I asked for opinions. I wouldn't think bushings and bearings would be worn out after 1800 miles. Everything seems tight and there are no weird noises. I'll jack it up and check it out thanks.

OEM bushings are just plastic really poor quality and bearings should be serviced or replaced yearly, jackshaft or driveshaft bearing failing on trail can total machine, more damage than older sleds value, plus might ruin a 2-3 day trip, somethings need replaceing because of 12yrs old not mileage, good luck,Larry

I think if you fix the damage with the windshield and the plastic near gauge pod you would have a $3500.00 machine if sold when there is snow in off season and un fixed lucky to get $2000.00. I do see alot of cheap prices on the east coast for some reason thou.

If you make it look great and sound great you can get more traffic and sales. People love to see a clean sled. If you would truly keep it an throw a new track on it for only 1500 I would do just that.

I've kept my 4 strokes until over 10k miles but then tough to sell and trade in is +/- as most $ you wonder if is just cash off. I guess a guy could price some used and see what the sell for. I tend to feel they owe me nothing so when I decide to upgrade they are gone. ( to cheap often).

KBB has it at close to 3k for my zip. Wow I was way off in my thinking. I did not know used sleds brought that much. good luch

Back