• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 rx1 k&n filterkit questions

newbluerider1

Veteran
I bought a set of filters for my rx1, wanted to know what the proper jet sizes were, i was told 167.5, I ride mostly in the northern u.p. of michigan, the sled is all stock except for we gutted the exhaust(took out the baffles), also which are the proper springs, and do i need to put an evac tube in the system, I am learning alot about my sled thanks to everyone for the vast amount of knowledge that is here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

newbluerider1 said:
I bought a set of filters for my rx1, wanted to know what the proper jet sizes were, i was told 167.5, I ride mostly in the northern u.p. of michigan, the sled is all stock except for we gutted the exhaust(took out the baffles), also which are the proper springs, and do i need to put an evac tube in the system, I am learning alot about my sled thanks to everyone for the vast amount of knowledge that is here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I have 165 mains and 22.5 pilots, I kept the stock springs because of the responses from local riders who have tried them and for this area they do not make much of a difference. I would throw in the cr10ek plugs for sure. check out my build thread, i posted info. as I was doing everything, it may help you out. http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=45203
also check out Frogg's build thread that may help also! http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=66047
Be sure to put Amsoil in that motor!

165 here and red springs, great throttle response, and almost identicle milage, just hated the noise. Maxdlx

Installed 165 main and stock pilots with holtzman springs. I haven't tried it out yet but am a little concerned how the fuel consumption will change with such a great jump in size.

The slides on these carbs are held down by these springs and are only overcome by vacuum. All four of the replacement springs combined are not as stiff as a single stock spring. This allows the slide to come up much quicker. You will notice and love the responce of the weaker spring. Check your elevation and replace with red or silver.

marker said:
Installed 165 main and stock pilots with holtzman springs. I haven't tried it out yet but am a little concerned how the fuel consumption will change with such a great jump in size.
Fuel consumption will stay the same. I get between 14 and 16 mpg. with mine!

Should I be changing the pilot jets as well???

sleddheadd said:
marker said:
Fuel consumption will stay the same. I get between 14 and 16 mpg. with mine!

Back