• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 Rx1 oil tank drains into Crankcase after sitting 2-3 weeks.Oil Pump issues, seals?,HELP?

chip 156

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 rx1, 2006 vector mountain 2005 venture
03 Rx1 ...7200 miles the oil tank drains into the crankcase when in storage..have heard it may be the 'seals' in the oil pump that allows the oil to seep in over time....is it time to change the oil pump?? thanks..first time posting hope we did it right..

Hope someone can let us know if or what is the issue on this..why the oil seeps into the crankcase,,and to replace oil pump..can you do that without removal of the motor..can the leak into the crankcase be caused by a faulty oil cooler? .thanks again and if any one has any ideas???

Thanks Al, its closer but ..where is this Check valve? in the pump. or line.. and what needs to be done??

Thanks Al, its closer but ..where is this Check valve? in the pump. or line.. and what needs to be done??
I'm not sure...Anyone have information to help out this fella?

03 Rx1 ...7200 miles the oil tank drains into the crankcase when in storage..have heard it may be the 'seals' in the oil pump that allows the oil to seep in over time....is it time to change the oil pump?? thanks..first time posting hope we did it right..
Did you start the engine?

yes.. the tank refills and the motor runs Great...but would like to fix what is wrong,,Anyone??

yes.. the tank refills and the motor runs Great...but would like to fix what is wrong,,Anyone??
All I can tell you from personal experience is a few times when my sled has sat for a week I checked oil level in the tank and it was low. So I'd start the engine and let it idle for a few minutes. I would wait about 5 or 10 minutes after killing the engine to re-check the oil level in the tank and it would be fine.
I assume oil had drained back to the engine similar to your situation, just not as drastic.

Thanks..it does drain slow..usually 30 days to almost empty..thanks again

All I can tell you from personal experience is a few times when my sled has sat for a week I checked oil level in the tank and it was low. So I'd start the engine and let it idle for a few minutes. I would wait about 5 or 10 minutes after killing the engine to re-check the oil level in the tank and it would be fine.
I assume oil had drained back to the engine similar to your situation, just not as drastic.

That's normal. That's why when changing the oil one must drain the crankcase too.... Separate drain plug behind a plate....

Back