• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 Rx1 ruff ruff

Lagman

Well I unloaded today, and if course a problem. Cold start no flashing for warm up, let it idle for 5 and run it for 5. Warning light cimes in, stays on. Shut down. Restart after 5 min looks good. Take it for a ride all good at 1/2 throttle and above. 1/4 runs ruff like a miss. Change plugs, nada. Take a 2 hour rude runs great except low throttle. One thing I notice, coolant level ain't moving. Moves a little when I pinch the hose but I don't know, them hoses were hot as hell.(thermostat?) What am I missing. Fresh premium gas today. Help want to rude I. The am. WNY has good snow!
Thanks

most rx sleds do not like 91 octane. they prefer 87 when in use during the season. only fill with 91 at the end of the season if you do not drain and run your sled out of gas. try a shot of seafoam or mechanic in a bottle if you can get it.

x2 on the premium, it will not help at all. You need to do a carb cleaning before anything else. You may need to do it twice. Pump out the fuel to almost empty, Put in a bottle of Mechanic in a Bottle, start and let run for 1o/15 minutes. Let it sit for an hour, then clean your jets.
:carbs:

this will more than likely fix your problem.

Back