• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 Rx1 seat

pugdaddy

Im looking for a new seat with some additional height for my 03 rx1. Does anyone know if an apex seat will fit my sled. Thanks :yam:

rx1 seat

Add some foam 3" to your current seat will make a nice differance! I did mine for less than 40.00. used original seat cover!
Blue

I think the upgrade to the Apex seat is the easiest and most cost efective. I have several others and do not like the height. I am only 5'-8" though.

With this seat my knees are not quite at 90 deg so standing to sitting is very smooth.

Attachments

• compress back.jpg
    compress back.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 172
Just did mine today. Bought an apex seat for $50 and had it recovered for $150. I got to admit I was a bit concerned about cutting the tank cover. I just cut it a bit long and checked. Did the trial and error(not realy error, more of a test fit). Took me 3 times cutting, but I am very happy with the fit. It is way more comfortable. I also put a 2" riser on the handle bars. There is no comparison to before. You will be very happy that you did it. All we need now is some damn snow.

rx1 seat

Add some foam 3" to your current seat will make a nice differance! I did mine for less than 40.00. used original seat cover!
Blue
I have an 03 rx1 and looking to add height to my seat, where did you get the foam from? And how did you do it? Thanks!

A seat from an '05 is much nicer and taller. 04 may have the same seat as the 05....

04 seat is same height as the 03. brother had a 04 rx war and i had a seat from an 03 and they where the same height when sitting next to each other on the shelf.

yammiman, you could combine 2 03 seats to make one taller for you as no one usually wants the 03 stock seat if they have a choice. sold all the rx seats in the off season so i am no help for you.

My '05 is much taller than the others, I heard of guys replacing with '06 Apex seats......

the mod for the 03-05 rx/rs sleds is to take an 06-10 apex seat (any model) for the taller seat height. you can also use the 06-07 rs nitro seat as well but it has the firmest foam.

Just spent the evening replacing my seat from my RX1 to a Nytro seat, was very easy. Everything bolted up perfectly, all I had to do is trim the gas tank cover. Took me an hour and I had cover trimmed and seat on. Seat cost me 75.00 . I am looking forward to trying this seat out. It really feels good to sit on there. And I know have rear storage!!! I'm like a little kid! I will try to post pics. Files are to large sorry cant post pics

Back