• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'03 RX1 upgrade to 136", instruction request

Jake S

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2002 RX1
Hello,

I know similar topics have been brought up, just having a hard time finding.

I'm interested in replacing my stock 2003 RX1 suspension with a different skid with a 136" track (not sure which may offer the best option or easiest install). I'm hoping to find instructions on how to do so from someone that has done the swap to 136" track using a Polaris, SkiDoo, Arctic Cat, or even a newer Yamaha suspension.

Any direction or recommendations someone could offer would be great!

Thanks,
Jake

I have a 136 m10 on my sled, easy install. You'll need a tunnel extension and a rear heat exchanger also. I love my M10 with Ohlins front and rear.

Indy,
Thanks for the response! I've looked into the M10, but a little concerned about price. Was hoping to find a stock skid with decent suspension components, for minimal cost.

I'm relatively new to snowmobiling, so not really knowing how much of a difference the longer track will make for me (only ridden 121" tracks), but seems to be recommended. I should mention I'm not stuck on using only a 136" track if something else may be better suited.

I ride in Wisconsin on groomed trails if that helps at all.

A 136 has better hook up, smoother ride as it bridges the moguls, however it will push more in the corners. I've ran quite a few ski/carbide packages, stock skis with Snowtrackers work the best for me. Check out Travis at barnofparts.com for skids and tracks.

Back