• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

04 Warrior got SPARK now! Codes on dash, hand wamers hot

Chris Hammer

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Rx Warrior 1000 cc LE 2004
Hey folks, still have an issue with my 04 warrior. Replaced stator, coils, plugs, CDI, and a used wire harness.

Still have no spark. Sled was checked over by a mechanic on the kill switches and everything out. Stator is good.
Looking for anymore ideas what to check. Where are the main grounds?
Sled ran last year, kep blowing the 10 amp main fuse, then lost spark.

did you check all the ground blocks in the harness? known issue as is the rub through under the glove box in nose for the hood.

Yes, cleaned them up, switch back to the OEM stator and a newer CDI and I finally got spark! Butttttt now sled is bogging and hand wamers are hotter then hell, won't stay on low. Check engine light is on and other orange light with "!" mark.

Update: got spark now, took sled for test drive and it will not get past 1/4 throttle without bogging down. Carbs were just cleaned and in good shape. Hand wamers were getting hot and even if I turned them down.
By passed the TORS and no difference.
Switched out 2 other CDI's and voltage regulators but no difference.
Voltage Regs look like OEM's but no real way of telling??
Working on testing the TPS next, will have to see what the book says or good old youtube.

Any error codes? Like a code 81?

Maim is 100% correct, the Ground Blocks & the Power blocks should be eliminated, not just cleaned or checked.
Just helped someone with this kind of issue, most times it is the Blocks.
In his case, eliminating the blocks took care of all the Gremlins.

Hi Rockmeister, the only 2 spots or blocks that I found was on the starter and near the front of the hood.
The self diganose system won't flash codes atm...I checked the TPS, resistance is good and moving thr throttle is is between 0 and 4k ohms, coming up at 3 ohms.
Still bogging near half throttle.
Carbs are clean but could be faulty?

Think there is something like 8 total blocks, find and eliminate them all.
Soldering & sealing all the wires together is best if possible.

The bogging sound like mid-range jets, the ones your slide needles go through.
Suggest cleaning the carbs well again, especially the tiny jet passages.
Can soak parts in Gumout for a while to soften the bad stuff, then spray them out again with the jet action of the Gumout.

So you know, a weak spark will do this exact same thing. Again, the power blocks can easily cause a weak spark.
Fix the blocks, eliminate them as a cause so you don't risk chasing your tail looking at other stuff prior.

Hope this helps!
Rockmeister :-o

Thanks for the prompt reply. Do you have a image of the 8 ground block locations? From the harness I only see 2.
I did replace the harness with a new used one just recently.
I know the bottom of the middle jet, there is a rubber o ring that sits on bottom of that and goes in the float bowl and they were a bit worn but I did not replace them the last couple times I cleaned the carbs. I have to get some carb soaker, just on a tight budget atm!

If I could find this ground spots, I think that would free up most of my problems.

Do a search here for Ground Blocks, there are lots of guys that have posted pics & other info on them.
Let us know what you find. ;)!

Back