• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 rx-1 rev limit, TORS disconnected

fzm053

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 rx-1
I recently picked up an 05 RX-1 with 6000 miles. It starts and idles great, good throttle response to 3500, but then it acts like it hits the rev limiter. I disconnected TORS (connected the wires at the harness) but it makes no difference, it still limits to 3500.
Any thoughts? CDI box? I get no error codes on the dash. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

I will pull the carbs apart and check, but I don’t think that is it. From an idle to WOT it seems to do a quick flare to about 4000, then comes back to 3500. I will check TORS first with my meter and make sure there isn’t anything wrong with the connections. If nothing obvious I will pull carbs again and clean.

i have heard of guys having issues with the switch at the bars going bad.

I will pull the carbs apart and check, but I don’t think that is it. From an idle to WOT it seems to do a quick flare to about 4000, then comes back to 3500. I will check TORS first with my meter and make sure there isn’t anything wrong with the connections. If nothing obvious I will pull carbs again and clean.

Also check the cable free play.

Thanks all, but still need some help. I have gone through the carbs again. I have also synced them. I have put new plugs in as well. I also drained the tank and put all new fuel in. I verified TORS was not the problem.

It idles great and runs great up to about 5000, then bogs for 2 or 3 seconds and will finally climb to 9000.

Any thoughts? I tried to upload a video but it says to big, so I will try to take another one.

Thanks

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the exact same problem. I can't get it to climb over 4 k at all. It also idles fine for 10 seconds then climbs to 2k like the choke is on.

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the exact same problem. I can't get it to climb over 4 k at all. It also idles fine for 10 seconds then climbs to 2k like the choke is on.
I did another carb clean, put inline filters in, and it seems to have cured itself. I could find nothing in the carbs, put it back together and it seems a lot smoother through the mid range. I put a couple hundred miles on it this year, no other issues.

Back