• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 RX1 suspension skid removal help please

Ray S

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2005 RX 1
Removing my skid and all was going well till I tried to take the back bolt on the lh side out and would only srew out a few threads and no more. It turns, but does not tighten or losen at this point. I can feel the bushings at either end spin as well. So I'm assuming there is a rod running the full length. Tried a pry on the back of the shoulder of the head while trying to loosen, but to no avail. Anyone run into this and can offer some advice? Thanks in advance,

Hit it with an impact. Re tighten both and Work them back and force one side at a time. It will help break the loc tight up.

You can also take one bolt out and put a nut on it. Turn the nut 3/4 the way up the bolt and then screw the bolt in a few turns. Now tighten the nut. This will hold the bolt from spinning then you can remove the bolt from the other side. Then simply loosen the nut and the bolt that the nut was on should just turn out without the shaft spinning. Using an impact wrench works very good but this is a very handy trick if an impact wrench isn't handy.

Back