• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 Vector Issue

wildmann

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
16 viper rtx-dx
11 venture gt
09 vector ltx gt
05 vector
05 Vector seems to run on 2 cylinders at low speed, as you increase throttle it seem the third cylinder kicks in. Where do I start looking, Electrical or carbs or both, cleaned carbs last year, Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

My '07 does the same thing, especially after sitting for a long time (days/weeks)

It is better after I synced the carbs, but it still does it a bit.

My sled in particular sounds more as though it's actually loading up and sputtering vs a cylinder not firing.

I would run it in the dark with the hood open see if you see any arcing around the coils. If not clean the carb, check the plugs and if you can figure out which one doesn't seem to be firing switch around the coils to see if it moves with those.

Pilot jet clogged...
As soon as you raise the jet needle, the cylinder kicks in.
2 different jet. Needle jet never plug, Pilot jet very picky.
Overnight it in carb cleaner.

Pilot jet clogged...
As soon as you raise the jet needle, the cylinder kicks in.
2 different jet. Needle jet never plug, Pilot jet very picky.
Overnight it in carb cleaner.

Don't bother trying to clean it. Just replace it....they're cheap.

Yes, I agree, pilot circuit plugged. Pull and clean with a small piece of electrical wire. Cut open a 12 volt stranded wire and use 1 piece. Remove the jet. Insert the wire through the jet and spin it. I normally clean carbs yearly as a preventative measure.

Also, blow the carb pathways out with air.

Back