• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 venture stator in terrible state.

Country
USA
Snowmobile
05 rs venture
I have an 05 venture rs. with a bad stator and for the life of me don't see a way to remove it. short of pulling the entire front end off. Any help will be appreciated.

There have been many writeups over the years on this forum what people went though to change it. Let the search function on this site be your friend. What seems to be a common thread is to only use an OEM Yamaha stator as the replacement. Aftermarket stators, just like the starters, don't seem to last very long.

I did 2 different Vectors many years ago, horrible job, but can be done with motor in the sled.
I lifted the stator side of engine with an engine hoist to get clearance for the engine cover and stator to clear the lower bulk head assembly.
To do that I had to remove seat, fuel tank and exhaust clamps on the short exhaust pipes to unhook the exhaust and pull out the long rear engine mount bolt and front engine mount on stator side of engine, this allowed the engine to be lifted by the hoist. ( engine motor mount is still attached by the clutch)
Plus remove air filter assembly, remove battery, the battery bracket assembly, remove oil tank. I think I had to remove the steering link also on the stator side of engine.

As mentioned in the previous post there should be some good posts on this topic that may be easier than my method.

Heard it was a prick of a job to replace the stator, so had my dealer do it. They charged me 4&1/2 hours labour for the job, which I thought was reasonable. I probably would have attempted it myself, but was leaving in a few days for a sled trip and didn't have the time to tackle it.

I changed mine on my 05 Venture last spring. Not a bad job if you're willing to trim a little of the aluminum bulkhead to allow cover removal. I just had to loosen the steering shaft bolts for a little more wiggle room. It worked well to just drill a series if small holes and then snap off the aluminum with a vice grips. It didn't seem like it would affect the structural integrity by trimming 5/8" off for 6-8".

I changed mine on my 05 Venture last spring. Not a bad job if you're willing to trim a little of the aluminum bulkhead to allow cover removal. I just had to loosen the steering shaft bolts for a little more wiggle room. It worked well to just drill a series if small holes and then snap off the aluminum with a vice grips. It didn't seem like it would affect the structural integrity by trimming 5/8" off for 6-8".
well your way would make it a pretty easy job, I might even consider that if I ever have to change another one.
:brrr::letsnow:

Back