• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 Warrior Handling Improvements

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Attak GT
2006 Apex (VE Tunnel, 144" track, Slydog Skis and Wheels)
2005 Vector
Hi Guys,
I was wondering how to really make my sled not push through turns. I bought the sled last year, it has pilot 5.7 skis with snow trackers, and the stock sway bars. I'm 6'4 and really thinking of doing a WRP taller seat too. Is it worth the $300? I know I would need bar risers probably too. I was also looking at getting a progressive rate spring from Barn of Parts. Being 230 pounds it probably would help with ride. I just would really like my sled to be able to really rail around the corners. I sold my pro x2 for something a little less aggressive and I really like these four strokes. I mostly ride trails with the occasional powder field. Help would be great.

Hi Guys,
I was wondering how to really make my sled not push through turns. I bought the sled last year, it has pilot 5.7 skis with snow trackers, and the stock sway bars. I'm 6'4 and really thinking of doing a WRP taller seat too. Is it worth the $300? I know I would need bar risers probably too. I was also looking at getting a progressive rate spring from Barn of Parts. Being 230 pounds it probably would help with ride. I just would really like my sled to be able to really rail around the corners. I sold my pro x2 for something a little less aggressive and I really like these four strokes. I mostly ride trails with the occasional powder field. Help would be great.

Have you adjusted the transfer rod in the mono on that sled? Seat works really well and for the price its a great add.

img_0472-640x478-jpg.85201
Everything you have on your list is very good! The seat works very well . The dual rate spring is the best on the Mono . You can install a 2" handle bar riser without lengthening the cables. Too make the front end Rail around corners better Loosen the front shock springs collars and turn until the spring is loose enough to move up and down "slightly" then tighten the adjusting nut 2 turns and set the locking nut. This brings your "A" arms level . Next set the Transfer rod to MINIMUM ( see picture above ) this will keep you ski's on the ground under acceleration. Your ski's and carbides are perfect!

05 rx war does not have a mono unless it was installed by previous owner. it should have a pro action ck skid in there.

i would start by loosening the front skid shock spring until you can turn it stiffly by hand on the shock with the rear of the sled suspened with track off of the ground. on mine i also sucked up the front limiters 1/2" to help keep the nose planted better in the corners. i would reccomend the 12mm or 13mm swaybar upgrade. i know the 2011+ apex came with a 11.75mm swaybar stock.

the seat and bar riser totally change how the sled rides and i enjoyed how i sit on my old sled (brothers now) that it has an apex mountain mod seat seat on it.

Hi Guys,
You are talking to the right guy. i have rx1 2003 and bought an apex radiator and a 13mm sway bar from barn of parts. What a difderence. I also purchased a WRP seat and had it put on the original pan. OMG what a great addition. I am 6' 3 and it is way better. I am not so crouched behind the bars. Nice feel to. I may get a riser kit but not sure yet. Travis is awsome he will hook u up. Tje radiator set up was a home run for sure.

A
You are talking to the right guy. i have rx1 2003 and bought an apex radiator and a 13mm sway bar from barn of parts. What a difderence. I also purchased a WRP seat and had it put on the original pan. OMG what a great addition. I am 6' 3 and it is way better. I am not so crouched behind the bars. Nice feel to. I may get a riser kit but not sure yet. Travis is awsome he will hook u up. Tje radiator set up was a home run for sure.
Any question just ask i have been through it all with the rx. Everything!

Hi Guys,
Seat is worth 300 and rx and warrior pretty much the same sled

It has the horizontal shock but still has the slides in the back like the old SRX's and vipers. I will try to suck up the front limiter strap. I will defiantly do the sway bar. Do you think the progressive spring is worth the money?

I have the stock springs and it works for my riding conditions.

Okay I just emailed the guy from Barn of Parts to get a quote for this stuff, thanks for all the help!

Okay so from what I have read, risers are a must do. With the WRP seat what you recommend. I was thinking about going with Powermadd, what would I need to order from them. I know they have a few different options like a pivot riser or just a regular block. If anyone could clear this up for me that would be great.

This Warrior sled was meant to go straight due to the longer track. My 06 Vector is much more nimble around the corners. There are improvements that you can make, but don't expect this sled to ever rail around the corners imho.
13 mm sway bar, stock skis with SnowTrackers and lots of preload on the front shocks will help.

Last edited:
my rx1 railed around corners real well.
I lowered the front end by running as little preload as possible in the front shocks to lower the center of gravity. didn't have snowtrackers as an option back then but would for sure run them now. 13 mm sway bar will reduce inside ski lift. if steering is to heavy shim the skis a bit and that will lighten up. I would fully expect this sled to rail corners if set up properly. Mine sure did.

my old 05 war had the powermadd 4" block with the moutain mod. if you like riding towards the front of the seat more, get the pivot riser. +4" is all the stock wiring can handle without re-routing everything and you will need 05 rx mountain choke cable, throttle cable and brake line as the stock ones are too short.

Back