• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'06 Apex bar riser question

theCATman

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha
I have a quick & hopefully simple question.....

How tall of a bar riser can I put on my '06 Apex GT WITHOUT needing to extend the cables? I have already bypassed the TORS, so there will be no issues with it kicking in at full lock.

I'm 6'2" & when I stand up I'm hunched over a little too much for comfort.

Thanks guys.

I put on the apex mountain riser. I believe stock riser is 4" or so and the mountain is about 6" or so. I didn't have to extend cables. I did have to un-do some of the routing to give it some extra slack, or it would activate the throttle with full turn of the bars. Not a big deal. Go for it. Cheaper than the aftermarket risers, too.

wcfpusher said:
prob can go 2 inches at least...i have a rtx riser that should give you another couple if your interested.

The RTX riser is also 6" like the Mountain correct?

What do you want for your RTX riser? Bolts/hardware included?

I think the 06 riser was shorter than later years. I went from the stock to a mountain on my 08GT. It was about 2 inches higher. I went with a mountain throttle cable for $20.00 to keep it from binding. Going from an 06 riser it may even be higher.

I just added a 2.5 inch Lake effect riser/pivot and it rock, I had to reroute the cable under the bars road a couple hundred miles on no issues and rides great!

I have an 06 Attack, and I went with 4 inch riser without changing cables..Just had to rerout the cables. No issues with the TORS, and I left it on.

You can safely rise 2" above the stock RTX riser on an 06 without the need for longer cables. I am 6'3" and added 5" to the stock Riser. Works great for standing and riding along with confort while sitting. I however did replace the throttle cable and brake line. You can get a throttle cable from Rich MotorSports for $32 that is 8" longer than stock and an aftermarket stainless braided brake like for around $25 which I would suggest. Then the problem is buying the riser which will be the spendy part. So basically if you want you can go with a 2" risers or buy an Apex Mtn Riser which will look stock without extending cables or buy a taller riser and replace the brake and throttle cable. Just my $.02.

- Just out of curiousity, what is the stick height?
- I bought my 06 RTX last year, and never gave the height any thought.
- I've had a few people ask me of I have a riser on there.
- If I do, it must not be much.

my 06 attak is stock 4", i put a 2" riser without changing cables or touching anything, iam 6' and it is good for me

My 07 Attak had a 6" riser stock. I've put a 3" Rox Riser on top of that. Took cable re-routing, but not lengthening.

It fit with no problems.

06's had a shorter stock riser than 07's and up. But the 06's had more curve in the bars which made the overall height basically equal. So if you put an 07 riser on you'll gain about 2", an 07 mtn riser you'll gain even more.
I have a stock 07 riser and bolts if you are interested, $30.

Back