• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 APEX GT

Depends. When my apex gt was a 121 i used the last set of holes on the strap. Definitely doable with skid in. When i extended my rails to 136 i found on the last set and even on one set up from that i experienced allot of scrub and push in loose hard pack trails so i went up even one more. Third hole from end and i still have a bit of scrub but a little less on the transfer rod and i should be good.

If you set the front of the track / rear suspension down on a block of wood like a piece of 2x4, etc it will compress the front of the suspension enough to give you slack to adjust the straps.

Adjust as mbarryracing said, I run mine 1 set of holes up from maximum strap length, works well for me. One more set of holes up (3rd position) will give you less suspension action, but more ski pressure if that's what you are looking for. Also, turn your caps lock off JJ, all caps in your posts indicates you are screaming, just saying, not reefing bud!:D

Tighter the strap tighter handling, looser the looser handling. Mine is on full loose but I have a custom suspension set up and that makes a difference also .

Sorry for the all caps. I am vision impaired and sometimes CAPs make it easier for me to see. Again sorry I as not screaming just could not find my glasses!

So to continue on with the set-up for hard pack trails, up one or to sets of holes and I hear the hot setup is to loosen the front springs until the A arms are parallel with the groundand install a 13 mm sway bar?

When you loosen front springs they float at times when sled is up in the air and the bottom retainer CAN come out from around the shaft and spring comes down and it can be ugly for you and shock . I said CAN. Lots of variable , what may work for someone may not for you. Just play around with it. Lots of adjustments. Setting transfer rod to minimum helps , but less pull less transfer .

I would recommend a revalve to get the front to be planted .its co$t$ but worth it.

What is scrub and what is loose hard pack?
Scrub is a automotive term for understeer and loose hard pack would be just that.....a hard pack trail with an inch or 2 of fresh powder.....loose hardpack. Sorry though those terms were pretty self explanitory.

Can you describe " setting the transfer ride to minimum? does that mean tothread it in all the ay until no threads are visible?

This wrench with graduations should be in your tool kit to show min/max transfer, if not these measurements you can take to determine same.
Transfer Rod.JPG
apex_cntrlrod_wrench-small.jpg

Scrub is a automotive term for understeer and loose hard pack would be just that.....a hard pack trail with an inch or 2 of fresh powder.....loose hardpack. Sorry though those terms were pretty self explanitory.
Sorry, I've heard the term push for not following the desired line in a corner but never the term scrub, as for the loose hard pack I guess that's a new term for me.

Back