• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 apex hand grips

apexg88

Pro
Does anyone know a good way to get more heat out of those grips withouth having to buy 07 handlebars.

My local yamaha dealer said to buy Hotgrips and fil the handlebars with sprayfoam insulating.

Any other ideas?

07 bars are not any better. Trust me. Look for an after market kit. There was a guy selling a kit on here for around 100.00. Worth every cent. It was a highly viewed ttopic so it shouldnt be hard to find.

apexg88 said:
Does anyone know a good way to get more heat out of those grips withouth having to buy 07 handlebars.

My local yamaha dealer said to buy Hotgrips and fil the handlebars with sprayfoam insulating.

Any other ideas?
just buy the new harness,put on with 06 grips.done. :Rockon:

ditto, 07 harness on 06 bars, works great, hot hands, lots of posts about this on here, havent heard any negitive feedback about this mod.

Tried to find an 06 set of bars for my sled. Couldn't find one so decided to go to see what else I could find. Came up THE solution. The Rockmeister has come up with a great idea and it really works. Great just installed three of the units he makes and they all work great and none of us have ever had hands so warm. It is an awesome set up. Do a search on the TY site for Nice Warm hands and you will see how to get some. Never worry about cold hands again.

06 bars with 07 harness is the easiest if you can find them. I grabbed a set of 06 bars from my dealer just last week, and i already had the 07 harness from the update. you get great heat and you can set your grips and forget about it (heat is still variable via your handlebar switch). just my .02¢

Dave

riverrat said:
Is there not a good chance of damaging something using the 06 bars with 07 harness? Is it safe?
i have not had any issues,my hands are hot now,the wires in the 06 grips are different than the newer bars+the ends on 06 bars are not heated. ;)!

Got this from this website.

Here is a part number for the harness you're looking for...it goes for less than $20 at the dealer.

90891-50150-00

Go to boats.net just copy and paste the part number into the "seach items here" section. It took about a week to get to me. Went from forzen fingers to where I have to turn them down. I have '06 bars. I have heard that the harness is not available but I got it in January from boats.net.

Hope it helps.

daver

I see you are in Barrie as well. Where did you find the 06 bars, Jack n Jills, Cops....?

Would love to get a set. How much did you pay for them?

Thanks

Back