• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex mtn mcx build.

You don't need to remove the primary clutch to do work on it, neither the secondary.
All work can be done with the clutches on the sled, that's what I do for the most part.

Thanks, i found the ty tech video with how to mount an ulmer clutch kit video.
The rear spring was a pain in the a**. It was super hard to twist and push into place.
Currently I'm running the mcx weights with other springs and helix, and it seems to work great. Will try the supertips later on.

Got everything back together, and have used it for about 100km, and all I can say is Wow, I'm never going back.
The sound on the rear mount is LOUD..

On the first start ups, i noticed that there came some greyish/brownish liquid out, where the exhaust pipe bolts to the turbo are, on the exit from the turbo. It wasn't like oil, so maybe unburned fuel or something. Is that normal? (It came from the exhaust bolts that you can see in this picture, again borrowed from rxrider, thanks)
1e1506e1-79ea-4e93-a734-aa0ea7b096c7_zps788c6ff4.jpg

And if I have ran with full throttle and ease off, then it sometimes want to die.

There is no gasket between the turbo and exhaust pipe, it's condensation, it will og away as carbon build up sealing off the minor leak.

Do you shut the throttle and your BOV is not bleeding off the pressure fast enough the engine gets flooded.
What BOV do you run?
What is your idle RPMs?
Set idle at 1600-1700 RPMs.

Thanks. I use the stock BOV. Most of the time idle is quite high, but sometimes when warm, it can be low, maybe close to 1000.

Did you adjust the C0 Levels?

I set the C0 at -10 across.

Btw, I'm thinking about getting a new track with stiffer paddles than the maverik. What should I go for? Challenger extreme or powerclaw? Any recomendations? And how large paddles can be put in with the precooler and all?

le700 said:
No, where can i do that? On the mcx display?

No, it's an EFI's counterpart to Pilot jet in an carburator, so you can adjust the ECU from the Yamaha speedo.

1. Apex C0 Fuel Adjust:
- Install a wire (or paperclip) from ground to the pale green wire in the connector on the left of the delta box. This wire has no mating wire in the male connector and only needs to be grounded to the Delta Box.

2. Enter Diagnostic mode:
- With the key and kill switch off, press and hold both "Select and Reset" buttons then power up the gauge by turning both the key and kill switch on.
- Wait 8 seconds and the gauge will go blank except for "DI" in the display.
- Press "Select" to toggle between "DI" and "C0", Select "C0".
- Press and hold both "Select and Reset" 3 seconds
- Gauge will display "C:01", (this is where you select which cylinder you want to adjust)
- Press and hold "Select and Reset" 3 seconds and 0 should appear in the odometer section
- Press "Select" to increase the number (richer), "Reset" to decrease the number (leaner)
- Example: (10 would be richer) (-10 would be leaner)
- Press both "Select and reset" to chose C:02 and adjust the same as above (must do this for each cylinder)

You will want to go RICHER (positive numbers). Generally up 10 will be enough to get past any hesitation or stumble you may run into.

Mitsubishi TD04-19T

Back