• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 apex starting issues

Tooner65

Country
USA
Snowmobile
06 apex rtx and 2011 venture gt 2014 viper rtx
Hey guys 06 just did oil change and new plugs for my daughter now cranks all day but fire I can hear pump coming on tore it back down unplugged and plugged all relays removed fuel line at rail pump is on no fuel plz help

-Ensure you have at least 2 gallons of fuel in the tank[don't rely on the gage]
-Pull the fuel line from the throttle bodies to the top right hand side of fuel tank off of the tank and cycle the ignition switch, this is the fuel return line. The fuel return line should spray fuel out when the pump is running or cycling, which indicates the pump is working and building pressure.
If you have fuel there and it still won't start your problem is not pump related.

Hey guys 06 just did oil change and new plugs for my daughter now cranks all day but fire I can hear pump coming on tore it back down unplugged and plugged all relays removed fuel line at rail pump is on no fuel plz help

It has to be your fuel pump relay, are you sure its cycling?

Good morning yes pump is cycling but nothing removed line on top of tank last nite Nothing so thinking fuel pump

Ty Bob I removed it at throttle bodies first I appreciate all my fellow yammers

Yes and I did not ty everybody I tore the pump apart and the check valve was stuck I blew the pump out wo the check valve a lot of nasty came out then put the pump back together there’s a fine line reguarding the pressure that thing will operate I’ll test drive tomorrow most of all my daughter is excited thanx again

So fuel should be spraying out of that fitting when you turn the key?

im having some kind of the same issue. New relay and pump hums a bit when key is turned. Won’t start when I crank it now although I put 500kms on the sled last weekend up in north bay/Mattawa
image.jpg

But my sled is an 06 lol

Now I have no fuel pump at all and the fuel pump relay is new. I think it might be a ground block I didn’t do at the top left where all the quick connects are. Sled took a lot of water last weekend

You're better of starting your own thread. It's usually frowned upon to dig up old ones...

I thought I read it was the opposite. Frowned upon asking the same questions over and over when there’s multiple threads on starting issues.

I’m kinda just reading away hoping for the answer like I did with the other issues I’ve had

The fuel pump circuit takes power from the fuse at the starter solenoid. And sometimes that plug becomes dirty/corroded.

Back