• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 apex track locked up

Pjw350

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
99 Srx700, 09 Phazer, 15 sr viper xtx le
My buddy bought a 3200 apex gt from his dad last season. Ran it 40 miles and the speedo bearing went. Replaced that and went for a test drive of 2 miles and parked it. Went in reverse and then forward and let the sled sit for 5 minutes. Went back out to go for a ride and the sled wouldnt go forward or reverse. It tried to go but it felt like the brakes were on.

Sled has sat since and today i opened the chaincase and everything looked ok in there. So then i pulled the skid and most of the track clips are missing and i had to take a screwdriver and wedge the hyfax off the track. I couldnt turn the track by hand when the suspension was attached.

Has anyone seen the hyfax basically welded onto the track before. The front rail caps are also very loose.

Absolutely!
Low snow conditions will melt your hyfax. Once you stop they glue themself to the track. Its common.
Ride in more snow, or get ice scratchers.

Yea..my Attak would melt them easy.. it doesn't take much.. well know issue with these. Thus the mid wheel kits and about every type of home remedy from posters here if you search you'll find lot's of suggestions..so I ride mostly with the Cable scratchers down and Dupont's.. much better.

Yup mine welded to the track clips a few times last year especially when the hyfax were new. First time had me miffed. Now if it happens I just put the sled on it's side and kick the track down to free it.

I'm gonna try some silicone spray on mine this year. Slippery and silicone wont hurt the rubber of the track.

1. Drill out the rivet holding the rail caps and replace with SS bolt and SS nut with nylon insert. Put silicone in cap and replace on rail, then bolt and nut.
2. Add drop down wheel kit at bend and if 136 in the middle. OR find a used Pioneer offset wheel kit.

Last edited:
I'm gonna try some silicone spray on mine this year. Slippery and silicone wont hurt the rubber of the track.

that won't help for long. Best to run scratchers 24/7 or in a fair a mount of powder.

Yup. Been there, done that. The ripsaw 2 track is fully clipped.

Don't forget to look at your drivers. They most likely melted from the clips.
Cost me a track, hifax, and drivers once.

Back