• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 apex voltage drop in harness

4strokes

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 winder xtx 09 nytro xtx 06 apex gt
15000 miles, had since new. been a swiss watch. had to tow the other day. was cutting out, noticed the tail light would flicker at same time. few tests at camp. had brand new yuasa preseason. running, battery is 14.3. at load relay and fuse block, is 13.6 with occasional drops to near nothing. I haven't looked at a schematic yet and its still at camp. just wondering if anyone has seen this to save me a little time. I expect to find a terminal or wire junction burned. I doubt a ground issue, was same readings grounded at battery and frame and could plainly see the voltage drop.

Check the ground blocks along the clutch side of the wiring harness. These are known to corrode. Also check the white connector on the starter relay. This connector is not waterproof and does corrode as well.
Jump into the FAQ and look for Electrical Gremlins
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/apex-attak-frequently-asked-questions.42869/
thanks. planned to go straight to the starter relay power distribution connector. didn't want to pull airbox etc at camp. done for the year anyway and will deal with it in the shop later. I have heard about the grounds, but don't expect it to be a ground. I had a drop with frame as ground. If the drop was at the ground of each component, I would suspect the ground blocks.

Back