• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Attack changed Stator and now 12 code?

viper7mi

VIP Member
06 Attack
Changed the stator and sensor replaced with Yamaha stock.
Changed the oil.
Now I got a 12 code?

Need some help please.
What can I check.

Last edited:

I double checked the 2 connections and wire and everything is plugged in. I put in diagnostic mode by kill on, pushing reset and select for 8 sec and got DI, released, then again for 2 more sec to get 01. When I press reset and cycle to D:61 then D:62 displays 11 and 12. How do I CLEAR those codes?

Did I miss something? Brand new Yamaha stator and sensor installed. It cyles, shows code but does not start. Suggestions.

Last edited:
468 on the black brown sensor.

1.2-2.0 on the white stator.
The garage is cold fyi.
The wires should be black and gray.
The ohms sound correct as the range is 445-545
You are checking where they plug into the ECU?

Update.
I replaced the stator and sensor with OEM. Started the sled and got a 11 and 12 code. The 11 code is the Cylinder Identification Sensor located between 2&3 cylinder. I removed the sensor, cleaned and reinstalled it. The sleds codes cleared but it would only crank. No start. The fuel pump turns on. I waited a couple hours. I took out a plug to see if it was wet and it was dry. I checked spark and the sled started. Reinstalled plug and sled started.

If you have to change your stator, after install check to see if your battery is good. Mine would take a trickle charge and started the sled but would not stay charged. I replaced the battery.

If you have to change your stator, after install check to see if your battery is good. Mine would take a trickle charge and started the sled but would not stay charged. I replaced the battery.
was the battery the real culprit overall and not the stator to begin with?

Back