• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Attak pc3 maps?

The stock fuel setting from Yamaha is not as far off as some would have you believe.
You didn't mention exactly what mods you have or whether you are using a ignition module also. What type of riding do you do. Lots of high speed or mostly trails where corner to corner acceleration is more important. What type of gas do you run? 87, 91, 93? These factors come into play when tuning for max perf.
With just the mods you have listed I would lean it out a couple percent in the 10-11k range at 100% thtottle for starters.

Trail riding mostly corner to corner and pulling some hills. 87 octane. Schmidt bros clutch kit, excell ss y-pipes with gutted muffler, and 12 uni vents in the airbox. Can pick up a pc3 pretty cheap and looking for some maps to start with. No ignition module. Not terrible with stock settings but room for improvement.

Well if you can pick up the pc3 cheap thats good. But it is NOT going to do alot for you. IMO you may pick up 2hp at most. And you will not feel that seat of the pants.
Some may tell you different. I've had my sled on the dyno so I know what they are worth hp wise. Your best bet is if you can also get the ignition box equally cheap. Extra timing extends the rev range a couple hundred rpm. Best to run premium fuel though.
You've already got the low lying fruit. Bigger gains are gonna take bigger $$$. Been there done that. Still doing it.

Honestly l am satisfied with the hp. Thought the pc3 could smooth out things through the power band maybe even a little crisper acceleration. I was under the impression that using the pc3 to fine tune the fuel/air mix could make for crisp and smooth acceleration. When I drop the hammer she gets up and goes but definately could be smoother at mid rpm cruising speed. Also dropping out of cruising spped and then accelerating or ramping acceleration from cruising speed feels a little jerky. Feels like there could be a smoother fuel supply in theese areas

Well, if you believe its a fuel issue as opposed to a clutching issue, I would install a O2 sensor and map the midrange yourself.

I also wonder about the pcfc and how that would work? Maybe pc5, this seems to be the unit most performance shops are offering now. Very happy with the Schmidt clutch kit. Low take of spring 3,200 rpm and pulls hard all the way with the hammer down. Just need to smooth out that throttle and we will have a winner.

Sounds like you are recommending pcv with auto tune as the best way to solve my issues? Was hoping someone had some maps similar to my needs and could work from there.

Its difficult to imagine that your having some running/smoothness issue based on the mods you've described.
Yes the PC5 is newer technology and has pretty much replaced the pc3 which is why you are able to pick them up at lower prices. You mentioned being able to get one at low cost which is why I stayed on that point.
But if you are considering stepping up to a pc5 with autotune, that would sure be a nice upgrade. And you can tune it yourself without having to rely on outside vendors. Although I have never used the autotune myself, I here and read that there is a little learning curve to go through with that as well.
Either way you decide to go, I highly recommend getting the matching ignition box.
If you do decide to go with the pc3 contact me at that point. I can share a map with you that is a combination of an aftermarket map and my own personal map. It should work well for your sled.

Its difficult to imagine that your having some running/smoothness issue based on the mods you've described.
Yes the PC5 is newer technology and has pretty much replaced the pc3 which is why you are able to pick them up at lower prices. You mentioned being able to get one at low cost which is why I stayed on that point.
But if you are considering stepping up to a pc5 with autotune, that would sure be a nice upgrade. And you can tune it yourself without having to rely on outside vendors. Although I have never used the autotune myself, I here and read that there is a little learning curve to go through with that as well.
Either way you decide to go, I highly recommend getting the matching ignition box.
If you do decide to go with the pc3 contact me at that point. I can share a map with you that is a combination of an aftermarket map and my own personal map. It should work well for your sled.

I really do appreciate the help. This will be something I tackle in the offseason. I may call on you for that map.

I have gone from a stock apex to ram air cover, gutted exhaust, ulmer's racing clutch and pc3usb ulmer's map..
The other day I swaped and took my budys stick apex and no word of a lie it was DEAD compare to mine.!!!!

Back