• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Nytro won't rev higher than 6k and t.o.r.s. issue

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Nytro
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum page but have read many threads on here that has proven to be quite helpful!

1st. This is a completely stock machine with no aftermarket modifications.

So, here's my issue. I bought an 06 Nytro that had sat a couple years. I did a full cleanup to the carbs, put in new gas with seafoam, discovered there was a bad coil pack(replaced all three and left other two for spares.) Changed spark plugs, oil, etc.. First startup the t.o.r.s. code popped up and was engaged, I temporarily by-passed it to see if the sled would actually run decent, and it did. While running the sled for a bit I realized it wasn't revving anything higher than 6k, it seemed to have plenty of power from idle to 5-6k but than would kind of die out. I'm now stuck on trying to figure out if it's the t.o.r.s. that was by-passed causing this or could it be the throttle sensor assembly on the carbs? And I've read as many threads as a person could about the t.o.r.s. to readjust throttle cable and to see if it's not kinked or bent anywhere and still couldn't get it to deactivate, as to why I by-passed it to see if the machine was even running properly, I know how critical the t.o.r.s. system is and it's only one's opinion on it as well but I'd much rather have my sled working in good, safe condition.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Is the clutch shifting out fully? Might be sticky from sitting. Carbs have been cleaned?

I just repaired a t.o.r.s. on my older Venture. The system can do two things when it operates. First it will restrict rpm to below normal clutch engagement, this normally sounds like a misfire. Second it can cause the sled to stall at idle, just giving the slightest bit of throttle and it will run normal. I don’t think the system will restrict rpm over clutch engagement. If the sled has sat and was not stored properly I would agree that one of the clutches is sticking. You may need to take them apart clean them and check for wear.

did you replace the fuel filters in the tank? they are known to fall apart with age.

clutch cleaning would not hurt either as they will stick when they have sat for a bit. new primary spring would not hurt either.

I just repaired a t.o.r.s. on my older Venture. The system can do two things when it operates. First it will restrict rpm to below normal clutch engagement, this normally sounds like a misfire. Second it can cause the sled to stall at idle, just giving the slightest bit of throttle and it will run normal. I don’t think the system will restrict rpm over clutch engagement. If the sled has sat and was not stored properly I would agree that one of the clutches is sticking. You may need to take them apart clean them and check for wear.
Is the clutch shifting out fully? Might be sticky from sitting. Carbs have been . Carbs were cleaned.
Carbs were cleaned. I will have to check out the clutch and clean it up and get back to you from there! But thanks for the help guys

Back