• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07' APEX Exhaust Anyone build thier own? Want Under tunnel?

jr_amsoil said:
you might need a fuel map fireman. sounds likes shes poping on the bottom end. sounds good though.

Thanks.

Yea, I was hoping not to have to mess with it but I think I'm going to have to get something. We'll see how it does after this next week.

I've always run Power Commanders on my street bikes (I wish my R1's would mount up) but is that the best for sleds.

not really sure. if you bought a pc3 from ulmer it would have a map loaded up fo you ready to go. i have excell exhaust and mine has a lil pop down low as well. they must run pretty lean out of the box. i need to to fab my seat like how you did. seat just doesnt seem to fit quite right anymore with the aftermarket pipe

jr_amsoil said:
not really sure. if you bought a pc3 from ulmer it would have a map loaded up fo you ready to go. i have excell exhaust and mine has a lil pop down low as well. they must run pretty lean out of the box. i need to to fab my seat like how you did. seat just doesnt seem to fit quite right anymore with the aftermarket pipe

Most power equipment runs rich from the factory, to prevent lean siezes, so I'm thinking its running way rich since it was belching black smoke and backfiring flames a few times. LOL

I'll let you know how the seat mount works when I get back next week and I can send you some detailed pics too.

great to see the progress,im thinking im going to go down the same path but you guys need to turf those stock seats they weigh sooo much its like a couch(lol)
Looks like im going to get a carbonfibre yoshi pipe as they are super light and tuned for the R1 bike. Hopfully i wont need a pc3

niko said:
great to see the progress,im thinking im going to go down the same path but you guys need to turf those stock seats they weigh sooo much its like a couch(lol)
Looks like im going to get a carbonfibre yoshi pipe as they are super light and tuned for the R1 bike. Hopfully i wont need a pc3

Yea that's the next thing to get pitched. I'm really suprised no one builds a seat mount for the APEX if you remove the exhaust, seems like a seller if you ask me. :dunno:

I was going to use a Jardine Carbon Fiber exhaust but I just couldn't bring myself to cut on such a pretty pipe. So I traded it to a friend for some cash and the M4 off his race bike. He put his Yosh on his race bike and the Jardine on his street bike, looks alot better there rather than under my sled. ;)! ;)!

Hit www.r1-forum.com and see if anyone has something that'll work.

I've bought tons of stuff for my R1's off the site. Reminds me I have been over there in awhile, I'll have to check it out soon!

This is what I was trying to make work at first.

http://www.forwardmotionmc.com/p-343-yo ... haust.aspx

I've got a CF Micron on my R1 and a Yosh Tri Oval on my R6, this was an extra Tri Oval I had. I know it would fit if I didn't have 2.25 inch paddles and it probably would have fit anyway but I was nervous about it......

Normal length is 18"s The one I have is cut down to 14"s and you can see where that lands. The oval should be about the same size that I have. I used a piece of aluminum to hold it up, you can see all that stuff in the pics.

Yea the stock R1 pipes are HUGE. I had a couple friends tell me I should look at a stock 08' Kawasaki 600 undertail exhaust.

Cool so i should be ok if i get a new oval shaped one. Wish they had the specs of them online. The length shouldnt be a prob as i can always move it back more. Its really just the size of the oval that matters. Yours seems to be tucked up nice under there.
I figure if i go with a pipe thats designed for the R1 then i may get out of needing a fuel controller.

Back