• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Apex RTX

rxwarrior

Lifetime Member
Is this sled just a slug or what do I have to do to get it to run? I am open to any and all suggestions except boost.

Acceleration is respectable (not fantastic) and top end is right with a Warrior that has been clutched and air filtered.

Can't be hooking up. If you only call the power "repectable" then there must be problems. You are not giving us much to work with.

two things with the 07 RTX----they are geared low (geared 22/38) Bring your top gear up 1 or 2 teeth and that should help(lot of guys like the 23 top.) Also if you do the bigger gear on top than you will need the longer chain. Second you gotta have studs to make this thing hook!!! With the way its geared it is putting allot of power to the ground really fast!! Thus breaking traction for quite a ways. 144 1.450" studs up the center with a double/single stud pattern will take care of allot of your problems. (providing that you are using the 1.25 ripsaw track.)

Gearing is 23/38 and I am thinking about the Ulmer airbox mod, clutch kit, and a predator track? I guess I expected to be able to wax my Warrior that runs pretty decent. I did not see 120 mph on the speedo (dream meter) last year and I thought that it should be able to do that. It is running 11,000 on the big end. I am also planning on putting all new bearings through out the drive system and replace the exhaust gaskets. Am I expecting too much speed on the top end (120-125) in good conditions? This sled has 2800 miles on it.

The filtered & clutched rx-1 & warriors are very very sneaky fast on top end. I have seen them run with or beat an apex on top end.

Thanks for your input Turk, it is important to me! Feel free to pm me any and all recommendations that you are willing to provide! How do you feel about clutch mods (machining) to increase the ratios? I also have a 39 tooth bottom gear at the shop that is available. I run some lakes in the U.P. and fast trail is the application. Thanks in advance!

rxwarrior said:
Gearing is 23/38 and I am thinking about the Ulmer airbox mod, clutch kit, and a predator track? I guess I expected to be able to wax my Warrior that runs pretty decent. I did not see 120 mph on the speedo (dream meter) last year and I thought that it should be able to do that. It is running 11,000 on the big end. I am also planning on putting all new bearings through out the drive system and replace the exhaust gaskets. Am I expecting too much speed on the top end (120-125) in good conditions? This sled has 2800 miles on it.

Funny you should mention the bearings at 2800 miles my RTX has exactly 2800 mi as well and the lower (clutch side) drive bearing was filled with rust and derbris. I am hoping this will help with mine as well. Bearings should be a good start. I got 119 on Deam-o last year but am chasing a prob with only getting 10,200 on top that I hope a clutch kit/rebuild will cure.

I must have gotten a good one then. MY '07 will run with just about anything out there. I have 168 1.375 studs in the center of the track, extrovert drivers and an Ulmer stage 2 clutch kit. Even before the clutch kit, I was nose to nose with the XP 800 Rev in 500 feet. (the one off the line, won the race) on the lake.... forget it, Apex just walks away. A good friend of mine has an EdgeX 800, piped, clutched, head mod, and some carb work... I get him 3-4 sled lenghts everytime on the strip. Spend some time with it, traction is a huge issure with the RTX, once you get her hooked, you should be good to go!

my 40th is 5mph faster on top... easy.... I've only seen 115 on speedo with the rtx, and 121-122 with the 40th.

traction has always been an issue, because of the lower gearing, once you can get the traction down it jumps out of the hole, about 1-1 1/2 lengths in front of the 40th, then at about the 175ft mark the 40th gains and sneeks by...

And yes.. check ALL bearings, i've replaced 2 or 3 times now.... 10000 miles on the rtx, 7300 on the 40th....

good luck, get it dialed in.. these things are FAST..

Back