• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 apex won't start

cpro

07 apex won't start. Turns over- got a 12 code at first. No that's gone. I checked the speedo wires and cleaned the contact. The driveshaft bearing looks to be fine.
I then pulled each plug and checked those just in case she was flooded.

I've heard stator, crank case sensor...
Any way to trouble shoot this?

Thats what mine was, took about two weeks of playing around not starting after a while it would start. It finally just refused, no code at first that code 12 tested the crank senor part of the stater and it was wide open. Was on and 06, changed it no problem since, lots of used ones around if you want to save some money!

You changed the stator?

You changed the stator and that fixed it?

Check your TPS (THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR) mine was bad last year no codes, near impossible to start.

cpro said:
07 apex won't start. Turns over- got a 12 code at first. No that's gone. I checked the speedo wires and cleaned the contact. The driveshaft bearing looks to be fine.
I then pulled each plug and checked those just in case she was flooded.

I've heard stator, crank case sensor...
Any way to trouble shoot this?

If it threw a code 12 it's the stator or The crank position sensor. Most likely crank position sensor, they seem to fail more often
Both items are sold as 1 complete stator assembly from yamaha.
If either one fails then both (entire assembly)will need to be replaced.
Stator is located inside the engine cover on the right side of the sled. Behind the oil tank.
Easy job. Make sure you get the cover gasket too.
Suggest you download a manual and test it first. There is a specific ohm/resistance for the stator and crank sensor. Simple test with an ohm meter. The wires/Plug for the stator/crank sensor is located in the nose or the sled

Back