• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 attak new purchase

rdz

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
08 phazer
Hey guys blew up my 08 phazer last year looking at buying an 07 attak whats the good and the bad about 07 attak and why was attak only made for a couple years

Attack was the 136" Apex. I think they renamed it LTX so it didn't go away. There is no bad except it is an 11 year old sled with 11 year old technology.

Reactions: rdz
I think what steve is trying to say is that you missed out on 11 years of bliss and euphoria. You will just have to ride it lots to make up for the years you missed.

Great overall trail sled. The power is awesome and it has a pretty plush ride. Front pivot arm is the weak link of the rear skid. The support this site provides for these sleds is amazing.

Reactions: rdz
From everything I've read on here you will be glad you blew up that Phazer and moved up to the Apex platform.

I bought an 07 Attak in July and literally went through every inch of it thanks to this site. Awesome sled that I cannnot wait to ride! If I can help in any way please ask so I can pay it forward.

Awesome sled.. The first of the Apex LTX series. I have owned 3 of them. The first one I put on 10k miles on it. The second 8k miles. I just bought one with 2700 miles.
With that said.. Yamaha made some improvements to it you may need but they are simple enough compared to buying a newer or new Apex. Rear cooler is needed. Cable scratchers. Newer upgraded exhaust donuts like the Copper ones. New wheels that have replaceable bearings. Best if you get one that is taking care of and maintained with the above. Bushings in the front end need replacing around 8k maybe or more depending on who owned it's riding style.
If your handy easy to do..

I bought an 07 Attak in July and literally went through every inch of it thanks to this site. Awesome sled that I cannnot wait to ride! If I can help in any way please ask so I can pay it forward.

Steve.. I just finished going thru my 07 Attak with 8123 miles. If you know of anyone that would like one near us here in NH send him over. It's clean and in super shape. new y pipes,copper donuts,wheels,shock,rear cooler with protection plus 96 woodys gold diggers 1.325's. Oil with Mobil 1 and filter change..new battery and seat.
I bought it new and only rider. Being I'm 68 yrs old and trail ride with the wife 24/7 it's in great shape. Unlike the one you bought it seems :).

Last edited:
I love my'07 GT, just remember it's age. There are plenty of things to look at, but most important would be front bushings & W-arm.

If the front bushings are loose, you can crack the bulkhead. If the front W-arm has rust on the welds it will break easily. I know because i did both to my first Apex.

I love my'07 GT, just remember it's age. There are plenty of things to look at, but most important would be front bushings & W-arm.

If the front bushings are loose, you can crack the bulkhead. If the front W-arm has rust on the welds it will break easily. I know because i did both to my first Apex.

Yes..you have to jack the front up into the air and shake or pull on the a arms to see if there is play. It seems the front pivot arm rusts from within as well. I just bought a new one as mine broke in two after 16 k miles. I had half bake support and powder coat it years ago. But it broke in other places. The new one is much better for a replacement.. Still simple to do considering you can get a Attak cheap. A newer Apex would run many thousands more.

You can work on them non stop which is what it feels like I did. But do the regular maintenance and look for some of the known issues and address as needed. I had some extra time so did some of the add ons. Did I have to? Maybe not. Tons of people likely haven’t. But am I better off having done it? Yup. It’s an awesome sled though either way! Good luck.

Last edited:
Steve.. I just finished going thru my 07 Attak with 8123 miles. If you know of anyone that would like one near us here in NH send him over. It's clean and in super shape. new y pipes,copper donuts,wheels,shock,rear cooler with protection plus 96 woodys gold diggers 1.325's. Oil with Mobil 1 and filter change..new battery and seat.
I bought it new and only rider. Being I'm 68 yrs old and trail ride with the wife 24/7 it's in great shape. Unlike the one you bought it seems :).

Hello CaptCaper, I'm in NH and interested in your Attak if you still have it. I sent you a message with my contact information.
Thank you.

You can work on them non stop which is what it feels like I did. But do the regular maintenance and look for some of the known issues and addresss as needed. I had some extra time so did some of the sdd ons. Did I have to? Maybe not. Tons of people likely haven’t. But am I better off having done it? Yup. It’s an awesome sled though either way! Good luck.

One has to really think about how much money is to be saved. Thousands of dollars is saved over buying a newer machine to achieve the same result. A great ride all season.
And a newer machine with lower mileage could still give issues and have to have money dumped into it. Just read the forums here on the newer Apex's and suspension upgreades, Ski's changes,etc.
My Attak was so much smoother then my wifes. 2010 RS Vector LTX. 4 cly and clipped every third makes it so quiet and smooth.

Last edited:

Back