• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Phazer Base Model can't figure out.

Get rid of it?

• Yes, or burn it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mackie Chan

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Phazer 500
Bought an 07 Phazer, 5261 miles on it now, Ran awesome put 3-400 miles on it then one day she wasn't revving out. Only rev to 10k then 9, 8, 7 etc. Threw a cylinder, barely hauled itself home at 40mph thumb on the bar. Made home throwing code 34. Looked it up No. 2 Cyl Ignition Coil. Cool. Replaced it, ran fine cold took a few laps around the field and she threw a cylinder again. Tore it apart again, swapped coils around and it would work fine when cold until today when she threw a cylinder she quit and wouldn't start. At a loss with the fuckin thing, no idea what updates it has or anything just can't figure it out.
40B69651-80F6-4731-875D-1DE1615F34AB.jpeg
2C11A231-B4A7-409E-8FC4-262067C169F6.jpeg
84A3A9FE-4280-4A78-BC01-4B5FD49CE3BA.jpeg
924B0C1B-8671-4FFB-9A6E-CBDD30D798F4.jpeg
2618BB4F-DCDA-48EF-9CC9-10E146C0826E.jpeg

check the wires coming from the coil as we had a broken wire part way down in the harness on our 09.

Definitely check the wiring from the coil all the way to the ECU as well as 12v+ at the red/white wire.

Is it still throwing a code? I was just dealing with an intermittent code 33 (cyl.#1), I replaced the coil with a spare I had and it ran even worse and it didn't even throw a code. Replaced it with the other spare and it ran mint.

Code 34/no code running rough is a tough one.
Patience and you’ll get it.
Keep us informed on this.

All wires were good had it all apart last night chased every wire. Other than what I can only assume as the tether wires being cut on the ignition plug all is good. Took the fuel out to see if it separates as plugs were fouled real bad. Never thought of bad fuel, topped up in a different spot last day it was running and when it got down to half a tank that's when it quit. I'll feel really dumb if it is just fuel... Both coils were also tested, both showing fine.

Last edited:
Coil testing fine may mean nothing. Try swapping them between 1 & 2 again. If you're still getting code 34 and the wiring really checks out from the coil to the ECU as well as 12v+, then the only thing left IMHO is the ECU itself. Do you know someone else with a Phazer you could try their ECU?

Go into diagnostic mode and try to fire the coils manually.

And bad fuel would not throw such a code.

We changed the plugs and I'm out on it right now seems to be working awesome other than doesn't want to idle. If it acts up again I'll order an ecu. Not too many of them around to try a different one on. Just gonna send it..

Maybe just need to adjust the idle although that's what mine was doing. High RPM, no problem but idle it would stall and throw code 33. However, even at speed, I could feel the lower power and excessive fuel use.

I take it back was very best for an hour or so not throwing code now but full throttle is a hard negative. Seems to be overfueling and bogging at full throttle. Still had all the power it ever had up to 7/8ths throttle. Would love to take it to the dealer and have them look at it but that's either going to be $100 or $1000 and I don't know how I feel about pouring that much money into it.

Could be misfiring making it feel like a bog. That's what mine felt like.

This issue seems to be popping up quite abit.
Mine still does it only here and there. Boiled it down to coil when it’s really hot. Soon as I go, lightly popping and farting and get snow moving it goes away pretty much every single time.

Back