• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 phazer fan install question

MxzKing

I just bought a 07 phazer that does not have the radiator fan and I have searched around for a picture or description of where the wire connector is I believe I found it a connector taped to the harness and capped off by the radiator but is this it? Pictures or an explanation of what to look for would help a lot

I believe it's a base model but not 100 percent sure picked it up cheap for a extra sled

If it's a 2007 base model, there are no provisions for the fan. The fan will physically fit and can be mounted, but no plug exists in the wiring loom. You can A)replace the entire wiring loom with a FX or GT loom, B) run your own wires. When I had a phazer, I opted for B. I ran power directly from the battery to a heavy duty switch, then to the fan. You may want to use a relay if you use a lower rated switch. You can also research some sort of temperature activated switch if you want automation. WIth mine, I'd just flip the swich on once the engine was warmed up, and flip it off when I was done riding. Easiest and cheapest way.

Post a pic of your sled and we can tell you what you've got.

Okay is there a way to tap into the overheat light possibly? And if I close off both holes in the tunnel would that solve any possible overheat issue? And what would the connector that I found be to its right next to the radiator tapped on to the main harness

We need a pic of the connector since you MAY have a updated harness which does have fan provision but I doubt it and would follow birdmayons advice of a whole new circuit for the fan. If you want it to be automated any race shop that has tempsensors for fan conversions can help you. They just get put into the fins of the radiator and work well. Try Summit Racing.

Closing off tunnel will help since it eliminates some Ice buildup but for overheating the fan is the key. Will not be a issue with the fan.

Okay I will take a picture as soon as I can I have to store it because I have no room where I live so I think Saturday I can just cut the tape off the connector and get a good picture

Okay I found this connector not sure if it's for a fan or what it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 165
I have discovered that I have the base model and want to put a fan on my sled. I have no electrical competence so maybe someone "Bird" for instance could walk me through the process?

Gumbellion,
It's pretty easy. I just went straight from the battery. Estimate the length of wire required to go from the battery to a switch, to the fan, and back again, figure out the draw from the fan (I want to say it's like 7.5A) and you can look up what gauge wire you'll need for DC power, there are look-up tables available on the internet. Then find an appropriately rated swich, they sell nice 20A switches with integrated lights so you can see when the fan is running. Figure out where you want to install the switch, it'll require a small flat area, I did mine on the shroud above the gas tank, see pic. Mount your fan in the factory spot, then run the wires. You can pick up assorted crimp connections at any auto store, alot of them even have shrink tubing already integrated, just heat it up once crimped and it'll seal up nicely. I would put an inline fuse on the hot side just after the battery connection to protect the wiring/switch. From there it's just finding the best route for the wiring.

Attachments

• phazer wired up.jpg
    phazer wired up.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 101

Back