• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Phazer MTX won’t rev past 8700!!

MRFUSION

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Custom Built Nypex
2008 Custom Union Bay 980 MM Chassis
I have an 07 Phazer I’ve acquired. It starts and runs good, it will not rev past 8700-9000rpm. Bottom end pulls strong, just the engine surges, on the stand or testing it’s the same. Fuel pressure okay, it’s not the tors as it’s bypassed. been a lot of hands on this in the past. Sleds been around. It had a turbo once but has been removed. Cam timings on, strong spark.
Any ideas would be appreciated
Thanx.

I'd be looking at the clutching. Since it used to have a turbo, it might still be clutched for it.

Yah it was but I corrected it to stock setup. Had another crack at it today. Up to half throttle smooth end will build rpm to like 10,500, if you open it up all the way just drops down to like 8700 and engine surges badly. Removed clutch so no load and same thing, it’s not like a rev limiter. It’s weird. I have swapped out TPS, injectors, rail, regulator, plugs. She’s a beauty!!! Haha!!

Maybe I'm old school, but I've always heard it's not good to rev an engine that high without a load on it. Sounds like it's running out of fuel though.

i know its a long shot but did this ever get solved. i have same sled same problem. only it still has turbo on it. exact same thing under load or on the stand wont rev past 9500. the amount of things tried and parts swapped has me just about at wits end!!!!

You're watching the fuel pressure as it's doing this surging?

Yes it’s 42ish pounds and goes to 60 under boost. That was a while ago and will be rechecking again.

Have you changed the cam sensor? Usually it will misfire more than surge but worth a try. It is what affects fuel injection timing.

Swapped it with a different one and same thing. It is more of a misfire in my case. But same rpm. Wiring issue to that sensor will show on diagnostics right?

No I cannot confirm that. Is there a resistance test or something I can test it by. Like changing ohms when a magnet goes by or steel?

No I cannot confirm that. Is there a resistance test or something I can test it by. Like changing ohms when a magnet goes by or steel?
I don't know the numbers for that. I had this happen once on an R-1 street bike, and it turned out to be faulty even though it wouldn't throw a code and diagnostics showed it to be good.
The part does update to a new part number.
I'm not saying for sure it's your problem, just giving you things to try.

Back