• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 phazer turning over very slow.

snopro442

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
mod 08 nytro, 2-2007 phazers and a 2010 sno pro 500 speedwerx exterminator. new 2014 nytro for towing the snowcoach. 2015 Viper mpi turbo
I have someone that is having problems with his 07 phazer, He told me it is turning over very slow and is a no start Has a good battery and jump pack on it and still turns over very slow and a no start. Where should he start looking? relay/ solenoid or starter? any info would be great Thanks again.

I'd start with the relay. Have you tried jumping it across the terminals with a tool? If no difference, then I would suspect a burnt starter. Mine did that after the relay stuck on and smoked the starter. Wouldn't be a bad idea to add an LED to let you know if the relay stays stuck. I'd replace the relay anyway along with the starter.

07-09 are known to have the 2 long bolts that hold the starter together come loose and allowing it to get out phase. One of the first symptoms is slower starting.

That's right. Forgot about that since the majority of those have been fixed or replaced.

it was the 2 bolts that hold it together Thanks again.

Glad it was the cheap fix!

For future potential searchers or new phazer owners: I have an 08 that I am parting out and was about to sell the starter, only to test it and find out that although it was in-phase, it still wouldn't turn an engine over fast enough. Sometimes they do need to be rebuilt or replaced. To find out if it is out of phase you have to look at the starter. There is a mark on the starter cases and the body (green line) that has to be lined up with each other.

Back