• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Rage Gt

Ridge69

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Rage GT
Having 2-07 Rage Gts, one after starting started dripping oil from belly pan, steady drip, bought these used so I am guessing a oil filter loose, was dry when I started at -2 then of coarse leaked in my new trailer, will take apart this next Saturday, what years and models take the same filter kit, I know 0w30 but need filter number, kits are cheaper, 2010 vector kits-Same??

Hi Flo HF147 filter. Available at most any parts store oil & filter section.

K&N KN147 also fits.

Yes, all 3 cyl "kits" are the same if you go that route.

I personally have always used Mobil 1 0/30 and the hi flo filters since 2006 with no issues.

Also check the hose on the underside of the airbox near the oil tank. There is some type of oil circulation hose attached there, and if you are not careful replacing the airbox after removal, that hose can easily come off, and your sled will piss oil from that hose.

All good ideas, have to wait till Saturday now to look, left a pretty good message running to warm up maybe 10 mins

Also, if replacing the oil filter, be sure to check and see if the previous owner left the filter o-ring in place when installing the new filter as that could be cause of leak. Same goes for you when you replace the filter.

Back