• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 venture lite motor surging

Hier_will

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Venture Lite and 2009 Nytro XTX
I have a 2007 venture lite and have replaced last year, plugs, exhaust donuts and rebuilt both gearbox’s. The sled ran mint, but now it does not. Slightly hard to start need to give it a little throttle. The idle is set to 1700-1800 RPM. I gave it a little extra fuel in the CPU (5+) but still has a fluctuation at 20 mph, changes about 1000rpm while holding the throttle steady. Go to 30+ and it’s gone. Machine does feel like it’s running rough at any speed. It does have fresh 91 octane. Could this be clutch engagement or wiring and coils?

Check both plugs' condition (even new, they might give a clue). Check for a vacuum leak somewhere or loose throttle body. Then go into diagnostic mode and check that the throttle position sensor is working correctly and properly adjusted.

I just checked the TPS and I’m getting zero resistance. There’s the culprit. Not a cheap fix.

Check to see if anyone is parting one out, either a VL, MP or Phazer. Also check with Barn of Parts.

So you checked it as per the manual?

Found the specs 4-6 ohms is a good tps sensor. I checked the ecm 4.9 volts and that what operating as normal.

Back