• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Apex ltx gt rear shock upgrade

Ray Savage

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Apex LTX GT
Hello,
I recently acquired an 08 Apex ltx gt, upgraded from my old 05 RX1. Wondering what's available for rear shock/spring upgrade. I'm a fairly big dude, 250lbs with no gear on and want to try to reduce the bottoming out I experienced with the old RX1. Those old spin crushers sure take the shine of a cruise.
Thanks very much in advance.

I had the exact sled from new and I’m 250 ish! I found it to work pretty good as long as the adjustable Olhins is working good. I put 16000km of hard riding on mine with out a problem besides regular maintenance. I really liked that sled.

That’s great news, thanks for that feed back. I’ll give it try and see how I make out.
Thanks again, appreciate it.

The best thing I did was to have the rear shock revalved and add a dual rate spring . Travis at Barn Of Parts has a big boy dual weight spring . He is a vendor that supports this site . Just Goggle “ Barn of parts “ you will love his online store many great add on’s for your Apex .

I've got a Fox mega float shock out of a 2010 vector LTX GT if that interests you. I ran it at 125 psi for my 170 pound weight and the shock is rated up to 250 psi.

08 gt has an remote adjustable ohlins shock! It’s not a bad ride on that thing. 07 was soft but my 08 was pretty good. Better valving

Depending on mileage, shock may just need a refresh and Steve (@cannondale27 ) , also a site sponsor, can assist with that. Had him just refresh the YRSS on my 18 and am looking forward to my first ride. I also agree with the big boy spring as I upgraded to it the first time Bruce at Pioneer refreshed/revalved my rear shock. Other than the regular shock service, only other issue was the solenoid going out but Travis at Barn of Parts carries those and they are rather easy to replace. Never had any issues with wire breaking on the electronic shock as some have reported; never can use enough zip-ties.

Back