• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 FX Nytro MTX *New to me* Completely #*$&@ the Bed.

AmyMac

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha FX Nytro
Started and ran on Thursday well enough to load into the sled deck. Get 6 hours out to Valemount and she wouldn't start. Would turn over and try to fire but just kept cranking. battery died so we hooked her up to a car and tried that.2 hours trying everything an to our surprise we had a new fuel leak under the front right ski. no idea where its coming from and I married a polaris guy so hes terrified to touch it. None of the mechanics up here will even look at her but we tried replacing the Battery with a new one and it gave us Er-1 and the blinking light of death. *Engine light*. Anyone hear of or had it happen? Shes in beautiful shape. only owned her for about 2 months and last owner was an old man who used it to ride around the lake. I know ill have to double up this trip but I'm looking to see if anyone has any info that could help.... also wanna know what it could be before she goes into the dealer and they charge me an arm and a leg. Thanks In Advance!

Possibly frozen relays in the nose of sled.
Heard of fuel leaks on aftermarket fuel tank at pump location.
Remove relays and dry out with hair dryer.

Yes the fuel pump kicks in as usual and it wont turn over anymore. Just makes a click and squeal. then the engine light comes on. Mind you all we can do is look at it in the trailer right now. and we have no tooling except a socket kit and a few random wrenches. I called my dealer back in Edmonton and he said try to check the plugs, and the battery but it shouldn't be leaking fuel. Being a 4 stroke it has a pressured fuel system so there shouldn't be a leak along the way there. Can it leak from the plugs if we over flood it? it only seems to leak when we try to start it. and lost about a quarter tank from full doing that. we turned our trailer heater on and its warm in there and that's when we noticed it wouldn't even turn over anymore. may try it again today when we get the drop door open but I'm worried its something between the fuel filter/pump and the engine and then when we googled the er-1 code it said ECM so... I'm a bit worried.

pull the spark plugs. sounds like it is hydro locked with gas in a cylinder. might need to replace the engine oil as if it floods bad enough, it messes up the oil so that the motor will not fire even with new plugs. if oil smells like gas on dipstick, just change it. do not bother with the filter as that much will not hurt it.

if it turns over with the plugs out, that was the problem. if it does not, need to try by hand on primary clutch. if motor turns by clutch, it needs a new starter.

Back