• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Phazer rtx gauge is dead

I haven't dug into it yet, maybe this weekend. Sled was fine about a month ago, now when I start it it starts and runs fine but no display on the guage, the backlight lights up but no display anywhere. I'll check connections, grounds, rub through wires n such. Wondering if anyone else has run into this and knows anything special I should look for, didn't seem to find anything in a search.

Run it across the yard once and it seems to have full power although I can't see any speed or tach or anything to be real sure, no stumbles or anything.
Thanks for any ideas

I haven't dug into it yet, maybe this weekend. Sled was fine about a month ago, now when I start it it starts and runs fine but no display on the guage, the backlight lights up but no display anywhere. I'll check connections, grounds, rub through wires n such. Wondering if anyone else has run into this and knows anything special I should look for, didn't seem to find anything in a search.

Run it across the yard once and it seems to have full power although I can't see any speed or tach or anything to be real sure, no stumbles or anything.
Thanks for any ideas

I would pull the plug on the gauge and check for corrosion.

Thought I would update for people searching. When I started and seen how far I was tearing down the sled I just kept going since I wanted to do other stuff to the sled also. Anyhow, it ended up being the gauge itself. Went through all the connections and was OK, one on the guage had some corrosion, cleaned it up but nothing. Tore the guage apart and on the circut board near the plug was also corroded really bad, enough so the the prongs were rotted off of what appears to be a small capacitor. Swapped with another gauge and it is now fine

Did you find a used gauge somewhere or buy new? Same issue here and hate to spend $365 on a new one.
I've been searching Ebay and reaching out to members here this week with no luck finding used.

Also-Anyone have info on changes in Phazer gauge pod between 2008 and 2018?
I know some early 2007 and 2008 had no reverse (different part number as well) and 2008-2010 look to be the same part number, but 2011-2018 are also different part number and cheaper than the earlier ones by about $70.
Will a new model work in an older sled?

08-10 model = 8GK-83500-10-00 $365
11-18 models=8GN-83500-10-00 $299

Also notices the newer xtx and mtx versions have a different part number yet, but also prices about $300.
What's the differences?

11+ sleds have the LO-OP (low oil pressure) system added. XTX/MTX have 8 tooth drivers and need a different speedo calibration.
Ah. Perfect. Thanks for the education.
All makes sense now.
Can't find a reasonable used one so I guess I'll order the oem one from Partzilla. Best price I could find for new. $365.

I also was staying cheap until I knew it would fix the problem, found one on eBay cheap, $60. They were unsure of millage, ended up having 8000 on it so was higher than I wanted but works for now for my kid to ride, his first year driving some on his own sled, and I had it stripped down and also did the secondary clutch update so I really just wanted something to make sure no codes, rpm for clutching, and a fuel gauge so it serves its purpose for this season. There are a few members parting out Phazer here that have speedos, around $125 or so for average miles (4-5000). Mine came from an 07 with reverse and works fine.

Back