• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 RS Venture GT won't go past 5000rpm's

DaddyWags

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 RS Venture GT
2008 Venture Lite
So as stated above my 2008 RS Venture GT will not go above 5000rpm's. She starts great idles perfect but will not get above 30 mph. New gas, new plugs, fully charged battery. She went to sleep after last season running and operating perfectly. At one point on the choke if I play with the lever on the handlebar I can find a sweet spot that allows her to run above 5000rpm's but finding that sweet spot is extremely hit or miss.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated...

Thanks everyone,

DaddyWags

So as stated above my 2008 RS Venture GT will not go above 5000rpm's. She starts great idles perfect but will not get above 30 mph. New gas, new plugs, fully charged battery. She went to sleep after last season running and operating perfectly. At one point on the choke if I play with the lever on the handlebar I can find a sweet spot that allows her to run above 5000rpm's but finding that sweet spot is extremely hit or miss.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated...

Thanks everyone,

DaddyWags

Dig into the clutches.. sounds like it not shifting out or could be binding.

check clutches but if nothing is obvious there it sounds to me like it could be a carburetor problem. They probably need a good cleaning.

Back