• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Apex chaincase axle bolt snapped.

hereismylife

VIP Member
Did some searching and read different things about this. Is there and actual fix so it won't break again? Read the 10 axle might solve it. Maybe a hd axle. Don't like the idea break and no brakes or this axle bolt breaking off again.

Thanks Joe

I have seen them left out, but the problem with that is the left side bearing then becomes the one that keeps the shaft centered(which isn't its job).
The proper fix is the newer parts but that gets expensive.
Just put a new Yamaha bolt in it, then check yearly(like owning a sidewinder)

When you say newer parts what do you mean? Replace same part with new one? Yes we check the case every year. This is what we found and that is what led it to here.

As I said in earlier post, they changed this setup again with a longer drive shaft and different end piece.

Ok. Does that update keep from snapping the shaft so you don't loose brakes also?

‘09 + for the new shaft sounds about right to me.

Starting in 09 the case has the lower bearing in the cover, so the shaft has a longer stub on it and the retainer on end of shaft seats into the cover bearing.

Nytro's were notorious for this bolt breaking. Rarely saw it on an apex.

The 09-18 are the same shaft. There was no update to it that I'm aware of. The Nytro's had a few updates.

2009 8HF-47511-00-00
2010 8HF-47511-10-00

The 2009 was a one year only shaft.
The 2010 was longer and the collar that fits on the end is different so the part number changes for it also.
The axle was also slightly larger diameter so the drivers would need to be changed also.

2009 8HF-47511-00-00
2010 8HF-47511-10-00

The 2009 was a one year only shaft.
The 2010 was longer and the collar that fits on the end is different so the part number changes for it also.
The axle was also slightly larger diameter so the drivers would need to be changed also.
Ok somehow I missed that. You are right. Thank you. Now to see if it is really enough to justify the cost.

Axle. collar. Speedo bearing. Chaincase bearing. Front chaincase cover

Back