• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Apex just started making a bearing noise?

rkkoeb

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
None right now
So I just did a 121" to 136" conversion on my 09 Apex. during that time a changed out all the bearings in the chain case along with the speedo and bearing behind the secondary clutch. I just put 100 miles on and started to get a bearing noise, reminds me of the noise that a bearing makings on the idlers wheels when they start going bad. I checked the idler wheels and they seem good. What should I check next?

When I first heard the noise is sound like something was coming loose and like washer rattling sounds. I thought maybe my clutch bolt was backing out but was not it. Later is became more like metal on metal sound. Does not happen all the time but was happening more often towards end of ride.

I can check that out. Going to check the speedo and the secondary bearing first. If these look good I will open the chain case and see if there are any issues going on. Just hate the idea of having to get that reverse fork back on again. What a pain in the a** that was to do.

so I think I located the problem, the nut on the secondary shaft that tightens down the sleeve on the shaft came lose and was just spinning on the shaft. Two questions now, do you think the sleeve is still good or will it need to be replaced. What about the bearing?

Attachments

• thumbnail_20220131_162231.jpg
    thumbnail_20220131_162231.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 120
  • thumbnail_20220131_162210.jpg
    thumbnail_20220131_162210.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 126
if it threads back on, i would put a dot of lock tight on the threads and use a hammer and punch to tighten it up tight as long as bearing still looks good as steiner said.

Back