• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Apex LTX Rear Trunk Latches

engineman

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Apex LTX, 2010 Vector LTX GT, 1996 Indy 500 SKS
Hello All,

On my 09 Apex LTX one of the trunk twist latch "rings" has come loose. It appears the prongs that are bent over connecting the outer ring through the vinyl to the lower ring have broken. I have all the parts. Not sure how that happened??

The parts list doesn't show a part for this that I could see. Any ideas on how the fix this? One thought I had was to drill 4 sets of small holes and use some safety wire to reconnect the two with the wire twisted together on the bottom as to not impede the latch twisting action.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Steve:-o

Yamaha used to make an accessory kit for this. Ask your dealer!

Thanks! I looked at the Yamaha Accessories Website and just found the standard round snap repair kit but nothing else. I'll drop by a dealer and check it out some more.

Steve

the kit the guy talking about will work, it was for the trailing arm yamaha sleds because they did not have that type of system to lock it closed.

the kit the guy talking about will work, it was for the trailing arm yamaha sleds because they did not have that type of system to lock it closed.

Just to be clear - the kit would add the round type snaps and not fix the existing oval openings the OE twist lock goes through?

Thanks!

Steve

Back