• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Apex secondary shaft install help needed

rkkoeb

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
None right now
So I just did a 121 to a 136 track conversion at the same time I changed all the drive shaft bearings. I need help installing the secondary shaft again, on the clutch side I have a split collar that goes on the shaft and into the bearing with a large nut on the back side of the bearing. I need to know how much shaft should be hanging out from the bearing on the clutch side. I see the shaft is adjustable with the split collar. I was following this video but my secondary clutch shaft is different from the video

X2 on doing the chain case first as it will position the jack shaft where it needs to be. As for the jackshaft bearing, you can either install it with or without the jack shaft in place. If you install the bearing first, then as you slide the jack shaft thru the bearing, ensure you have that large nut on the back side of the bearing. If installing the bearing with the jack shaft in place, ensure you slide that large nut onto the jack shaft before installing the bearing. That way once you have the chain case buttoned up and are ready to tighten the nut, just slide the split collar, threaded end first, onto the jack shaft and up into the inner bearing race so as to be able to start threading the nut onto the threaded end of the split collar. As you tighten the nut, it will draw the split collar into the inner race where it usually ends up somewhat flush with inner bearing race.

Thanks for all the help. Going to work on it again Wednesday

Back