• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Apex want to add a heater seat - What brand?

rkkoeb

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
None right now
So I am looking at adding a heated seat for my 09 Apex. Does anyone have a recommendation on brand to purchase that has worked good? Tusk? Heat Demon? I plan on running this heater off a relay so when the snowmobile is off the seat will shut off. Any good recommendations to pull the "Trigger" power from?

I am leaning towards the Tusk as it has both high and low settings instead of just on/off. Anyone use this seat heater before

I bought a package of two off Ebay last year for $60. Came with everything needed, heated pad, relay, wiring, switches. Just have to remove seat cover, glue pad in and put cover back on top. I looked and that seller has no more right now, but I would think there'd be lots on Ebay.

I like the heat demon but the ones I found only come with on/off switch and not low and high. Does anyone have a link to this brand with this style switch?

ok so I purchased the Tusk heater. Now I need to get a realy. Any recommendation on which one to purchase?

What would you need that relay for? I read the Tusk heater description and saw it has wiring to connect straight to the battery so unless I'm missing something I would think you would want to add an in-line fuse but would need to get proper size fuse.

Am also curious to see how it goes for you as it would be a nice option to have.

The picture of the relay in that link you provided sure looks similar to what is provided with the Tusk seat heater:

relay.JPG

Maybe the kit already comes with what you need where the only thing to add would be an inline fuse so as to protect the heating element from shorting out.

Picked up a relay from Fleet Farm last night. Will wire up this weekend. Yes it comes with a relay but that is for the switch. When wired directly to the battery you could leave the switch on and drain down your battery. Adding a second relay I will tie into either the lights so it triggers the switch on and off depending if the sled is running or not

Not sure I understand why you would need two relays...?

Back