• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Apex

I would think your not going to see a new APEX/ATTACK chassis until 2010. Yamaha has come out with a #*$&@ load of new technology in the last 3 years, it hasn't stopped or even slowed down!!! So just keep your pants on boys...we got a little time.

I just got a brand new '07 APEX RTX 2 weeks ago...so take it easy. haha

I don't think you will see much of a change other than graphics.It doesn't seem to me Yamaha wants to go for the jugular and be number one by coming out with a turbo or naturally aspirated sled around 190hp.That is also lighter. If it was good snow years they might do it but with such poor winters light weight durablity and horsepower cost money,and there isn't alot of new blood getting into this sport because it is expensive.The only ones that can afford the biggest baddest sleds out there are 40+ year olds and out of them how many would by the top of the line. Thats why I think from Yamaha's point of view they will tweak the Nitro fx some more to get weight down and maybe hp numbers higher but don't expect much more than that . Even though personally I would love to buy an apex with factory turbo at 190hp but than again I am 40years old. :rocks:

Even though Yamaha has been advertising 130HP for the 2008 FXNytro it is actually 138HP or higher. I was at the Yamaha show here in Novi Michigan on Friday and picked up a brochure that has the HP of the Nytro and it clearly shows 138HP @ 8400 RPM's. I clarified the HP with a Yammi rep. For 4 Stroke sleds to compete in snowcross races it must not have drive clutch gear reduction. That’s why the lower RPM's on the Genesis 130EFI engine.

I'm not sure it will be like the Nytro, but I do believe it will be lighter, like 500-510lbs dry, with 165-170hp. Hopefully, this is what comes out.

I would also expect to see the new Apex line to come with Power Steering, just like I have on my 2007 700 Grizzly and let me tell you it works awesome.

Hey bbyou2000 i heard some thing from my dealer last month about the 09 line up,he said wait till 09 to buy another apex,if more hp and nicer ride is what i want,well of course it is,but i want it now lol,he said it was coming from up in yamaha headquarters,maybe some leakage ha,at any rate i sure hope so.

I personnally hope for a 130 hp minimum sled with lighter weight and set up for the high miler with wind protection. You will never catch me riding one of those new nytro's on a cold day. Sounds like I want a new nytro with wind protection with better looks.

I think it will be the same, no big changes, like it has only been out for 3 years now, 06, 07 and 08. It is a really good sled so it should be out for at least 4 years i think. Even the firecat was out for 4 years and it was not as good as an Apex. And the REV was out for 5 years.

my 2 cents

I think that they should come out with a High Performance model. I think either Ski-Don't or Polaris used to offer this. I would pay another $1,000 $1,500 for an Apex with some hotter cams and some factory porting(and not complain about the mileage). What ever they wanted to do to give it another 15-20 hp. Add a chrome moly skid and maybe some other factory light weight parts to drop say 30-40 lb. Then the guys who don't want that sled or the extra cost can buy the standard model.

mnmsnowbeast said:
Hey bbyou2000 i heard some thing from my dealer last month about the 09 line up,he said wait till 09 to buy another apex,if more hp and nicer ride is what i want,well of course it is,but i want it now lol,he said it was coming from up in yamaha headquarters,maybe some leakage ha,at any rate i sure hope so.

The RX-1 was only out for 3 years and then came the Apex!!!! Only time will tell.

mrance111 said:
Even though Yamaha has been advertising 130HP for the 2008 FXNytro it is actually 138HP or higher. I was at the Yamaha show here in Novi Michigan on Friday and picked up a brochure that has the HP of the Nytro and it clearly shows 138HP @ 8400 RPM's. I clarified the HP with a Yammi rep. For 4 Stroke sleds to compete in snowcross races it must not have drive clutch gear reduction. That’s why the lower RPM's on the Genesis 130EFI engine.

Yes, I was told by one of the top guys 135+ HP

adding gear reduction to the new 3 cylinder motor could be a mind blower if you do the math. It could make the 4 cylinder Apex obsolete!!!

15 HP per 1000cc x per thousand RPM (an equation that is pretty accurate)

08 FX Nytro
15 x 1.054 (displacement) x 8.5 (thousand RPM)= 135 HP

Now add gear reduction and spin the motor to 11,000 RPM
09 Apex (based on the Nytro but with gear reduction)
15x 1.054 x 11 (thousand RPM) = 174 HP

Wow 174 HP in the Nytro chassis would be cost effective due to same basic motor parts and chassis!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be a sled I would buy in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!
Honestly I never thought the 09 Apex could be completely like the Nytro due to the width of the 4 cylinder. But it is hard to argue with the math that a killer 3 cylinder is possible.

Tork said:
Wow 174 HP in the Nytro chassis would be cost effective due to same basic motor parts and chassis!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be a sled I would buy in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!

Count me in!!!!

Back