• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 ball joints

2800 miles and my a-arm bushings are really pooched. I have a little play n my joints and 1 tie rod end but the majority comes from a-arms. Gonna replace with ulmers oillite bushings and if its still sloppy I'm gonna ake it to the dealer and get the rest covered by warranty,

they are cutting corners to increase their bottom line but in the end its going to cost them more to replace all them under warranty. It looks like the 09 sub frame is no better.

My -09 SE is at 3500 kilometers (2175 miles) and I just had the front end apart to lubricate the A-arm bushings (for the third time, did it once when brand new and once around 1500 kilometers). Still no free play in the bushings, but all four ball joints start to show a small free play.
At this mileage, my -08 RTX 40th was already in the final stages of the second set of upper bushings and third set of lower ball joints...

Alatalo said:
My -09 SE is at 3500 kilometers (2175 miles) and I just had the front end apart to lubricate the A-arm bushings (for the third time, did it once when brand new and once around 1500 kilometers). Still no free play in the bushings, but all four ball joints start to show a small free play.
At this mileage, my -08 RTX 40th was already in the final stages of the second set of upper bushings and third set of lower ball joints...

Are the A-arm bushings being replaced under warranty? I thought the 09 balljoints were supposed to be better. These joints are not cheap once the warranty is up.

Hey Guys I have 1800 miles on my XTX & I don't have any squeaks going on but all this talk has me a little concerned. I should check it now & have it fixed if there is anything really wrong here. How do I check to see if there is play in the front end?

BombaPolaYama said:
Are the A-arm bushings being replaced under warranty? I thought the 09 balljoints were supposed to be better. These joints are not cheap once the warranty is up.
I had no problems getting couple of new sets of bushings as well as ball joints for my -08 RTX 40th. I do not know about -09. I have not asked since I have no bushing free play and only a minor ball joint free play.

Just jack up the front end and see if there is excessive play by pulling and pushing the skis. The new parts available are no better now-that's why were hopefully waiting for something better to get released over the off season.

ball joints gone 1400 klms!!!!! this is nuts

i have 2 2008 nytro mountains both have apx 1400 klms(new machines) both have ball joints gone, i can`t believe this, they have that horrible miss in the rpm range, they have a spot in the slide rails that will wear out in one day if you don`t by extra wheel kits(thus increasing weight).
What i find so terrible about these things is that there is no recall on the machines no help with fixes for the issues,amazing!!!!

Wear items will always need replacing. Is a wheel kit that heavy? I'm yet to find anything that is built perfect to my standards either, but I have the joys of making improvements that I dream up and an awesome feeling of satisfaction when they work. Bichin' and complaining never got me anywhere.

scott32 said:
Wear items will always need replacing. Is a wheel kit that heavy? I'm yet to find anything that is built perfect to my standards either, but I have the joys of making improvements that I dream up and an awesome feeling of satisfaction when they work. Bichin' and complaining never got me anywhere.

Yeah, I know there is satisfaction in working out problems with the help of great people on here, however, balljoints should not go at 1400 km so I don't consider that to be undo complaining. We are not looking for perfection here - just some reliability in the frontend.

Well, I hate to brag - when nobody is around to hear me, but I have over 3500-miles on my ball joints and they're still tight.

Attachments

• BallJointFix.JPG
    BallJointFix.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 64
arteeex said:
Well, I hate to brag - when nobody is around to hear me, but I have over 3500-miles on my ball joints and they're still tight.

I dont even post in the nytro forum but i am listening if you ever decide to talk.
I am more than happy to give credit where credit is due + You dont want to die holding on to all your secrets do ya??

Back