• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 ltx gt steering

yamahinn03

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
12 Nytro XTX (mine)
06 Apex GT (wifes)
07 Phazer (#2 sons)
02 Viper (#1 Sons)
So, wife had an 06 Gt, rode great, got this 09 an it pushes something terrible, been trying lots of diff things but still struggling, front springs, not sloppy loose but can turn easily by hand, tried tuners with 6”/2” holy crap that was bad, limiter strap is all the way up. Need some suggestions to help this thing turn alittle better. Back to stock skis from my Nytro used 8” duece bars.

Stock skis and snowtrackers, enjoy good corner bite and no darting from this point forward. Expensive, but worth it.

So here in wisconsin we have lots of road trails/crossings, bare pavement fuel stations, how will these hold up??

They hold up extremely well. I transferred mine from an Apex, to another Apex, to a Nytro, and then to my gf’s Vector. Likely had about 20 000km on them by then, but I ride on snow, not snirt. Had to get her a new pair this season. Backing up on bare pavement can be a little bitchy if you don’t run studs, but that’s honestly the only drawback I’ve found.

My experience with the LTX
Limiterstrap in stock hole
Front coils spring 0 preload
Transfer rod 40%
Yamaha MTX ski. The deeper keel will help hold a corner
Aggressive SnowTrackers. These will last atleast 6k+ miles of lots of road crossings. Lighten the steering effort while in motion and hold the trail very nice without darting.

So I found this last nite, could be part/alot of the issue!!!

Attachments

• 945F5185-72B4-4880-8EFA-5D3DA31D897B.jpeg
    945F5185-72B4-4880-8EFA-5D3DA31D897B.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 108
Not sure??
Bought the sled used this past fall, not sure what previous owner did..
Putting new bushings in, found lots of things out of order, bent a arm bolts, cracked collers, thinking they may have hit something???

Bent spindle bolts are pretty common to be honest, takes a pretty good hit to crack a collar though…..

not paying attention when putting the oilite spindle bushings in maybe.

Ok, good to know about bolts, new bolts/collars are here.
Original bushings are still in the spindles, I am sawpping them out thats how I found misaligned ski.

Attachments

• 0E8E7691-089F-40DA-A252-F48EB4F764D5.jpeg
    0E8E7691-089F-40DA-A252-F48EB4F764D5.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 07D0FBBD-DC56-426E-B3C5-98C4896E0538.jpeg
    07D0FBBD-DC56-426E-B3C5-98C4896E0538.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 54
I'd say you need to crank down on the front shock springs; putting more pressure on skis. My '08 LTX handles great. I have the springs cranked down almost to max, and I think I pulled limiter strap one notch tighter than stock. I run stock skis with Woody's slim doolie carbides. No darting, and handles great except for the iciest corners.

Thanx for input!!
Where is the stock setting on the limiter straps??
At this point I would like to go back to stock and start over!!

Back