• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Nytro MTX air box mods

mfsickboyz said:
Does it have to be ulmers kit or can u just buy the filters and pre filter from say Dennis Kirk and do it that way?? Just an idea

check this out... http://www.schmidtbrosmotorsports.com/y ... e-modules/
I was going to go this route but I found a k&n system used for a very good price. Ive never heard of any reviews about this but if its comming from them, and they say 6-7hp it most likely does.

Hurricane Performance developed and airbox mod on my 08 Nytro RTX....we gained 6 peak HP with it...it worked very well and was the icing on the cake for the mods listed in my sig!

Hurricane Performance developed and airbox mod on my 08 Nytro RTX....we gained 6 peak HP with it...it worked very well and was the icing on the cake for the mods listed in my sig!

Any pictures of this modied airbox on the Nytro?

Look at my Yamalaris build. And i have pics of how it is done.

Last edited:

Thanks...I have the Hurricane airbox mod kit and its just a touch confusing on the holes with the print I also received with the kit

The backside large hole has me a little confused size and no filter cover ! What size hole and the 3 other holes are above the throttle bodies?

3.5” hole on the bottom one right where the indent is. And 2 3/4” holes over throttle body’s

3.5” hole on the bottom one right where the indent is. And 2 3/4” holes over throttle body’s

Thought Hurricane performance said 2 1/2" in 3 places?

if you have the instructions and the lid why are you asking what size of holes? Follow the instructions or do what you please.

The instructions or lack of...left me with some doubt on drilling holes in a part, that is probably expensive and or not available for replacement. I appreciate your input and knowledge

I run a K&N setup, frees up a lot of space under the hood. No issues after 3 years.

Back