• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Nytro MTX Code 30

snapp32e

Hi, I'm new to the site. Don't know why I didn't join it a long time ago but whatever, I'm here now. So.....I've got an 09 Nytro MTX 153 with a few mods. Barkbuster front arms, Ohlins piggybacks, Mountain Mod Seat, Yoshi RS4 Exhaust, Heel Clicker Clutching, Rox Adjustable Risers and a few other little things.. The rest is stock, non turbo. Sleds ran nothing but Amsoil full synthetic from day 1. Out riding today in the powder when the machine shut right down. Thought at first I had hit the eng kill. It fired right back up and away I went again, no issues for 2 minutes or so then it shut right down again. Noticed it was flashing code 30 (low oil press). I was only 2 minutes from home so I rode it there. Peeled the plastic in the garage and check the oil level. All good but it looked really frothy, lots of bubbles. I thought I'd fire it up and squeeze the return line to see if it created any pressure, and it does sort of. When I squeeze it, it pulses very fast between my fingers. Almost like the pump is air locked or something. Now I do spend a lot of time in the deep b'docking side to side, just wonder if the oil return pulsing is normal or if the pump is airlocked from being tipped side to side if possible, or if I've got a oil pump on it's way out or just the pressure sensor. It's never given me a lick of grief in the last 3200km on it. Awesome machines. Any input would be greatly appreciated....Thx.

code 30

i get that code a lot. i roll my sled out of sticks its the pressure in the engine. there is a aftermarket solution that is supposed to help by oft. the roll over valve haven't gotten it yet. i usually just let the sled si level for a few while taking a break and it goes away until i lay it over or roll it again. some horror stories of the oil completely draining out while on side or upside down but i have never left her like that for very long so been lucky there. i just carry a Court of oil in the bag just in case i need to get back to truck or it gets a little low. if after a while you don't get it started with the code gone may be something else is wrong and maybe someone else will chime in. hope this helps a little. sg :sled1:

Thanks, ya I know about the valve your talking about. I haven't tipped it so far that the oil runs out but it's still a good thing to have. I left it to sit for a couple hours and went for another ride again after that. No issues at all for the first half an hour or 40 min. then it shut down again. Sometimes it doesn't even show a code and it fires right up. If I'm riding at say half throttle or so it actually shuts off for half a second then before the engine can even stop rotating, it runs again. It only completely stops if it's at an idle. Last time I did the oil change on it I decided to pull the screen out from the bottom of the oil tank and check it which involves removing and draining the supply line. I'm thinking it maybe got a gulp of air and lost prime (if possible). Not really sure. I know it's circulating the oil though because the remote tank gets hot while driving so the oil is circulating. Who knows, maybe its just a bum sensor or loose wire.

Snapp32e,

I am having similar problems and wondering if you have found anything wrong? Mine dies at WOT and will restart a few seconds later as it is coasting. Other wise it runs great.

Nothing yet but I did notice after I let it sit for a bit it seemed to quit. I think when I pulled the suction line off the oil reservoir that I caused an air lock somewhere. Oil was really frothy in the can for the next few rides but as the dying issue seems to be less frequent the oil isn't looking as bubbly either. I dunno, just speculation right now.

Anyone ever figure this issue out? I have a similar problem

Back