• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'09 Nytro RTX SE - Looking to go back to stock exhaust

GudeMN

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro RTX SE (144in) -6500 miles
2015 Phazer XTX - 10,000 miles
2009 Vector LTX GT - 17,600 miles,
1999 Vmax 600 SX - 4500 miles,
1999 SRX 700 - 5100 miles,
2001 700SxR - 2200 miles
I recently picked up a 2012 RTX w/ a race front end and had it out on the lake feeling things out. After 10 mins on it I'm really looking forward to getting it on the trails next season. One of the best parts was the sound of the exhaust. Throaty growl and not overwhelming at steady throttle and mid-range speeds. I have an '09 RTX SE which had an MBRP Header and Race can installed already when I bought it. It barks and sounds good when you're on and off the throttle but at steady trail speeds the drone others have commented on does get very old.

My '09 has a Skinz seat installed. I've searched the threads for awhile now looking to see if a stock muffler will fit under the Skinz seat. Other than it looking odd, does anyone know if a stock muffler will fit? I don't have my sled here at home to measure. Any other suggested trail cans to look for that aren't completely obnoxious.

Last edited:

Schmidt Brothers Motorsports. I bought mine back near 2011 and it is perfect sounding.

Back