• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 NYTRO XTX 144 What do you think?

Handwarmer changes? Maybe, it states the following on the spec sheet:

2009 XTX: Hand & Thumb Warmers To-the-end, 9-position adjustable

2008 MTX: To-the-end, 10-position adjustable

To address another issue, if you want a 2" or bigger track....................... THAT IS CALLED A MOUNTAIN SLED!!! Seriously, the MTX has a 153" with raised rails and a 2.25" lug. Honestly, other than the ski stance, there is the sled some of you are asking for, it was built in 2008. And to be honest with you, I adore mine. So count me as one of the happy.

I think it's great. We all wondered why Yamaha didn't make a crossover FX Nytro last year. Well, they just gave us what we asked for. I'd love to have one. And I think the tipped-144" should have better trail manners than a straight 136".

But I just wish they would have stretched the Dual Shock Pro skid instead of the ProActive CK skid. I've had to make some substaintial changes to my ProAcitve skid to make it perform well. It's just dissappoints me to see they used an inferior skid when there's a proven better one available.

z1029384756a said:
It is great that they have a 144, but should really make it a true crossover by putting a track that is not made for trails under it. I hope they made it easy to change the track to a 2" without having to modify or remove anything. Could be what I am looking for.

A 144 anything is good enough for the deep snow or you need to learn how to ride in it. Its not meant to climb mountains my friend and then go trail riding. Its a machine that can do the trails and allow you to go off trail and have some fun in the deeper stuff and the finger track will do that just fine. Plus the finger track is probably the best for keeping your sliders lubricated on the trail. You switch your track out to a 2" paddle and go trail riding and next you will be complaining your sliders are wearing out to fast.

Plus the finger track is probably the best for keeping your sliders lubricated on the trail. You switch your track out to a 2" paddle and go trail riding and next you will be complaining your sliders are wearing out to fast.

I was kind of wondering what slider wear will be because of the tip-up. The finger track should do a decent job.

I'm also liking this sled alot, I love cross overs, its not a whole new led but this is the only sled yamaha realesed so far, so something new could very well be on its way.

Sled Dog said:
z1029384756a said:
It is great that they have a 144, but should really make it a true crossover by putting a track that is not made for trails under it. I hope they made it easy to change the track to a 2" without having to modify or remove anything. Could be what I am looking for.

A 144 anything is good enough for the deep snow or you need to learn how to ride in it. Its not meant to climb mountains my friend and then go trail riding. Its a machine that can do the trails and allow you to go off trail and have some fun in the deeper stuff and the finger track will do that just fine. Plus the finger track is probably the best for keeping your sliders lubricated on the trail. You switch your track out to a 2" paddle and go trail riding and next you will be complaining your sliders are wearing out to fast.

I disagree the ripsaw may work in the deep snow that is set up or wet but does not work in the snow I typically ride in which is very loose. It will will just spin, almost everyone I ride with have replaced their ripsaws and the ones that haven't , it is on their to do list (ride with gades and crossfires). As for for slider wear scratchers work well on other sleds but probably the best option would do as BRP does and offer a 1.75 track from the factory. Even the older 144 Switchbacks 1.25 paddle track would be a better option IMO than the ripsaw as at least it moves snow in the light deep stuff.

Even a 1.5" lug track would suit this sled much better than the Ripsaw, but I would probably go with a 1.75" if I were to buy one. I have a 1.5" Intense Powder track on my 121 and my sliders look brand new @ 1750 kms. Nice sled, too bad it doesn't come with the RTX suspension.

I think this sled will rock. The 144 is the best length for a crossover/boondocking sled, now, it should have a 1.5" lug on it, but, that is just my opinion. Some guys are complaining about no storage, yea, that kind of sucks, but my 07 RMK has no stock storage either, had to buy their new switchback bag for it, storage problem solved. Poo went the wrong way when they made thier 08 Switch a 136, very stupid in my eyes. Now, I believe that a crossover sled should be 60% off trail, and 40% on, but, again, that is just my opinion. I know John Dee personally, and in his journal, he really didn't let on to the fact of how much he REALLY likes this sled.

I would really like to keep my RMK, and pick up a new XTX, but, I don't make the kind of money that Mr. Sled makes. :dunno: :)

Later, Sxrlar.

Some of you guys sound like a bunch of little babys crying like you got the wrong present on christmas day.

I think yammi made a good choice going to a 144 instead of a 136.The 144 poo switchbacks were unbelievable for flotation and top speed.I might even consider one if the apex doesn't get a 144 with more power.I think yammi could of ditched the skis and put on a 1.5 track but who cares for $100.00 switch the skis and track out when you buy the sled.As of right now the nytro is the best cross over sled hands down.Good job Yammi. :Rockon:

Back