• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 nytro xtx no power when ignition on

ericparsons

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Nytro xtx
Went to get the nytro ready for winter today and when I turn the key on nothing happens. No click no display no fuel pump noise. Battery is in good condition posts are clean. I installed a new starter relay and it made no difference. I can jump the starter relay and it turns over as it should but will not start. Can't hear the fuel pump run and display does not light up when I jump it. Checked all the connections that were easily accessible mostly the ignition/starter ones. Any ideas?!

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Check the kill switch on the handlebar.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Kill switch and connections checked. That is how it is acting though, just like kill switch is down.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I cant remember for sure but I had troubles a year or so after I lengthened my wiring to the gauge pod to accommodate a speedo relocate. I think I had similiar problems. Check those connections and wiring perhaps.

Did you check the fuses on the right side of the sled down by disc brake?

I have an 09 as well and had an almost the same thing and it ended being a bad battery. Some how the battery post went bad. Local dealer load tested it and was amazed as they had never see anything like it before. I replaced my starter relay prior to battery change and it did nothing as well.

^^^^ this.
Full charge + load test the battery.... Today's are crap- 1 bad cell can screw up everything.

unplug the ignition and check for corrosion in the plug.
I had similar issue a few weeks ago when I took my top panel off below the Guage to install my moflow vent. plugged ignition back in and no power. may have had a pin not make contact, unplugged it and blew it out and plugged it back in and worked fine.

Did you ever find out what was causing this? Mine is doing the same thing.

If the battery is good check the connector on the ignition switch harness, and the ignition/starter solenoid. If neither of these pan out corroded ground blocks or critters chewing up wiring in the off season are also possibilities.

Connections all look good, I had the starter relay tested along with the green 40 amp fuse & they all checked out good. Do you know where all the ground blocks are located? I just replaced the whole front end with a race front end after crashing the sled last year. Finally got it all together and now this.

Connections all look good, I had the starter relay tested along with the green 40 amp fuse & they all checked out good. Do you know where all the ground blocks are located? I just replaced the whole front end with a race front end after crashing the sled last year. Finally got it all together and now this.
If do a search within the Nytro forum there’s several threads explaining where the ground blocks are located.

Back