• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Phazer RTX ?

ruttinbuck

Veteran
Just picked up a 09 rtx . Will I need yamaheaters and hids ? I ride a lot at night so too much light is never a problem . Also does rock still sell these items ?
thanks

Yamaheaters would be a personal choice. I don't have them and mine are fine as I ride more on trails for long periods so they heat up and stay that way. If you stop often, that's when they cool down a lot and take a while to get back to temp.

HID's are worth it IMHO.

my phazer had both when i bought it. had to take the headlamps out as they started strobing this year and yes they are not the best at night with stock bulbs.

Last edited:
Yamaheaters would be a personal choice. I don't have them and mine are fine as I ride more on trails for long periods so they heat up and stay that way. If you stop often, that's when they cool down a lot and take a while to get back to temp.

HID's are worth it IMHO.

I'd at least get the yamahaheaters or Install RSI elements + grips. Stock was only good down to ~0*f and took 10+ miles down the trail to warm back up after stopping. With RSIs wired single wire its good down to -10*f and I actually turn them down to around 4 bars most days. I avoid running 50mph+ at night so the stock headlight + LED floods on the front bumper work well for me, the floods do a great job of lighting up where the stock lights miss.

What's your new ride like pros and cons . I'm thinking about getting one and would appreciate your feedback

Mine had stock track until this season and it definitely benefits from having an 1-1/4” or better track on it. Used to wag its tail bad with stocker. Fun sled to throw around on the local trails when I do not have room to get aggressive with my apex.

So do you prefer your apex over the phazer? My buddy and his wife ride apex . There nice machines but heavy and I like to ride ditches as well as trails so.,.

if you are riding with experianced riders that like a fast pace, the phazer can be run with them and get the same fuel milage as an apex as long as you stay south of 80mph as that is where the phazer runs out of steam. at lower speeds it is better on gas than my apex. my gf loves my apex xtx and i did try and coax her onto the phazer but she basically told me to go buy myself a new apex as she did not like it pre mods. you have to be more active on the phazer to get the same performance in the trails to keep up to the apex. when she is comfortable on the apex, the flipper gets applied hard and i have to work a bit to keep up. i do not mind riding it as i am an active rider and i can have fun with it while leading and waiting for her to catch up at times. my rtx phazer is now an xtx phazer and it did make a huge difference in traction and floatation.

Back